Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Bug: weapon graphics bugged
07-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Last night in the Tholian ground missions, my antiproton split beam rifle and my sword were both appearing in the same hand at the same time while wearing the EV suit. So while i would attack with the sword, the rifle was also in the hand as well as the sword! Sometimes you couldn't even see the sword.

Also many times the rifle's beam would not appear while firing, even when it was selected as the main weapon. Pressing 2 to do the split beam attack wouldn't fully do it, it would start to do it then stop halfway down. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to happen (due to some kind of environmental interference with the gun? a misfire?) or if it's a game bug. I saw damage numbers coming out of the enemy so I assume that the game is actually having me fire, but it's just not showing up on my screen.

I'll try to reproduce it some more today.

My laptop was good in 2010, seems a bit dated now. Windows XP Professional SP3 with Intel Core i7 2 core (4 virtual cores) 2.67 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Driver v. 266.58. I am pretty sure my DirectX is 9.0c. I have never had any graphical bugs or glitches at all with the non-beta STO on this machine.

Nonetheless, I am going to try updating the NVIDIA drivers. I will report back.

Edit: this is the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers for my GPU according to their site.

Last edited by seraphantilles; 07-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.