Captain
# 1 Gamma Officer Exchange Program
07-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Why are we getting Civilians out of the Gamma Quadrant Officer Exchange Program missions? Dosi, Bajoran, Cardassian, etc.

I can't even assign a Civilian to those, and yet I'm getting Purple Refugees & Bartenders out of it. I have so many Purple Bartenders, I don't know what to do with them all. I can't even reassign them as Underperforming.

I have at least 1 Purple Refugee, 2-3 Blue Refugees, a bunch of Green Refugees out of these Gamma Officer Exchange Program. Is there something I don't understand about "Officer"?

Either let me assign Civilians to these, or don't give me Civilians in return.
Nessia (KDF Sci), IKS Aluminum Falcon (B'rel Retrofit)

Swimsuits: People will pay almost any price to let their characters show a little skin... any price except joining the KDF.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Hahah!!! you're complaining about purples? Purple refugees can be used for anyhting regular refugees can, and they get a bonus!

but yeah, you can't send them to officer exchange. You can however sell them on exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Ive posted about this before..... you waste an officer and get a useless chef or entertainer.

It wouldnt bug me if the exchange would take civilians but they wont.

At least you can use them at the acadamies in the grinder. The Gamma exchanges are my #1 source for grinding since more often than not you get some useless civilian.

Personally, i think chefs and bartenders should only have the slightest chance to ever appear. You barely need one of each.

Sadly the grinder also likes to waste your Doffs by giving chefs and bartenders and entertainers.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Rihannsu
# 4
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I actually haven't gotten civilians often. I've even managed to get good purples. Then again I've been doing them on 10 chars, so maybe that scewed my results.
Career Officer
# 5
07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I think this is a workaround so that people don't feed refugees/colonists to the mission as they both count as "civilians" and rather easy to get.

The fact that it returns other civilians goes to the very long list of what is wrong with this game...

Just be thankful that it doesn't return prisoners and colonists...
STF Elite Advanced Tactics