Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Ensign
This thread is about any feeling's, positive or negative, about the new change that's been made with the STO website changing from Cryptic to Perfect World. Please comment below.

To start the discussion's think of these questions. . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. How do you feel about the new points system, having to buy ZEN and then needing to convert it over. Too much work/too confusing or do you think it's ok?

Q. Does the new webpage look nicer and offer more intel and just overall information that fans enjoy?

Q. What about the linking package Cryptic gave to all STO members who linked their accounts, do you think that was awesome of them or maybe just a little "incentive"?

and finally one I've been hearing by a lot of players. . . .

Q. Have you been experiencing any technical issues or problems with your account/website/or purchasing?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ALL QUESTION'S AND TEXT GIVEN ARE NOT TO REFLECT CRYPTIC STUDIOS OR PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC. IN ANY NEGATIVE WAY AND ARE JUST FOR FAN'S/CONSUMER'S THOUGHT'S FOR DISCUSSION*

Thanks!
Captain
# 2
07-08-2012, 02:18 PM
1) This is only a temporary step as CP will be replaced fully with Zen in season 6, so itsn't really an issue. And it's only complex for those who don't take the time to read, or can't do math.

2) Looks are fine. I hope they get the mail, friends, and captain's database back soon though.

3) CO members got nothing for linking their accounts. The bonus isn't worth much, but it's better than nothing, which they could just as easily have done.

4) None.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 3
07-08-2012, 02:21 PM
A. Personally I couldn't care what the points are called. The value is still the same and prepaid cards are so easy to find. This is a huge step up from the Cryptic implementation.

A. The new webpage is awful! I personally prefered the original look to the forums.

A. Free crap isn't so bad when it's free. In the end, Cryptic's system was vaunerable to being hacked and it took them way too long to inform us. I am hoping Perfect World's system is much more secure.

A. My account works better than ever (I can post again)! I don't like the genericness to the usernames not being allowed to have capitals, special characters like underscores, etc. I have heard a lot of issues about purchasing ZEN and there is no way to virtually purchase ZEN for a friend. Because of this, I am avoiding that whole mess and sticking to prepaid cards.

With the forums, there are many issues. Subscription notification is completely busted, logging in was broken for a little while not too long ago also. That's's nothing new for us though. We, the STO palyerbase has always been guinea pigs for whatever is running things around here. We should be used to beta testing stuff in areas where things should be solidly tested and finalized.
Captain
# 4
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
1 through 4) What tango said.

5) Join date Jul 2012 and this is your first post. I get the feeling you are not risking your main account on these questions (if you have been around long enough to care about the changes to the forums, your join date would be JUN 2012).
Career Officer
# 5
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post

3) CO members got nothing for linking their accounts. The bonus isn't worth much, but it's better than nothing, which they could just as easily have done.
Actually, they did add a bonus package to CO for linking accounts (it showed up in CO for me after the CO website merger). It was the equivalent of the STO bonus package.
Career Officer
# 6
07-08-2012, 02:34 PM
troll post on an alt account. there are already threads where all these discussions have taken place/are taking place. no point in creating another one except to get attention. kinda sad really.

JC - can't you give friends the details of a prepaid card? - wouldnt this be the same as gifting them zen?

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
My only problem with this conversion is I can't help with Fleet testing because:

Your Fleet doesn't transfer with your Toon even if you are the leader.

You can't create a Fleet with new people until they spend 20 hours playing.

Because of the conversion from C-Points to Zen, you can't buy a Z-Point and get around that.

Your Zen balance isn't transferred to Tribble Store?

The Dilithium Exchange is disabled on Tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsly985x View Post

Q. How do you feel about the new points system, having to buy ZEN and then needing to convert it over. Too much work/too confusing or do you think it's ok?
Don't care, the whole thing will be Zen only fairly soon. And on top that as it is now it's really, really, really basic math. Not a problem.

Quote:

Q. Does the new webpage look nicer and offer more intel and just overall information that fans enjoy?
The main page looks great, but has less info on it, but that's stuff that's been gone for a while now like the Calendar and the little ship section. Would like to see the Captain area return though, and the forums overall are worsened as a lot of olderstuff is much harder to find when you only have 'archived post' to go on.

Quote:

Q. What about the linking package Cryptic gave to all STO members who linked their accounts, do you think that was awesome of them or maybe just a little "incentive"?
It was pretty nice, wish I could claim it on more than just one character though.

Quote:

Q. Have you been experiencing any technical issues or problems with your account/website/or purchasing?
Only using any of their silly ads at the top of the screen. Other than that everything works fine for a forum made in 2005. I don't even want to think of how messy it would be without Sir Branflakes.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Banned
# 9
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM

- I'm not into buying "ZEN" so I know I'm just living on stiped from now on.

- New webpage is a joke. What a poor and cheap game we look like....oh wait....

- It was useless...batteries...OH WOW what an epic thing!

Yes, many problems.
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Q. How do you feel about the new points system, having to buy ZEN and then needing to convert it over. Too much work/too confusing or do you think it's ok? Season 6 fixes it. It'll all be Zen.

Q. Does the new webpage look nicer and offer more intel and just overall information that fans enjoy? Meh. I liked the calendar.

Q. What about the linking package Cryptic gave to all STO members who linked their accounts, do you think that was awesome of them or maybe just a little "incentive"?The linking was going to happen. They didn't have to give us anything. I consider it a bonus.

Q. Have you been experiencing any technical issues or problems with your account/website/or purchasing? No
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.