Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
# 11
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Q. How do you feel about the new points system, having to buy ZEN and then needing to convert it over. Too much work/too confusing or do you think it's ok?

It's fine. I managed elementary math, so this has not been confusing at all.

Q. Does the new webpage look nicer and offer more intel and just overall information that fans enjoy?

Looks horrible. Miss the Calender. Topic has been beaten like a dead horse ... moving on ...

Q. What about the linking package Cryptic gave to all STO members who linked their accounts, do you think that was awesome of them or maybe just a little "incentive"?

As has been stated. They didn't have to give me anything. The Linking was going to happen anyway. The fact that they decided to give me something for doing it ... awesome of them. Plus hey a Mk XI Very Rare Full Auto Rifle isn't something useless in my world.

and finally one I've been hearing by a lot of players. . . .

Q. Have you been experiencing any technical issues or problems with your account/website/or purchasing?

Barring one hiccup on the day things changed. No issues whatsoever.
Ensign
# 12
07-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera View Post
1 through 4) What tango said.

5) Join date Jul 2012 and this is your first post. I get the feeling you are not risking your main account on these questions (if you have been around long enough to care about the changes to the forums, your join date would be JUN 2012).
I've been playing STO for awhile I just got my account linked not to long ago was because I havn't had time. This thread was not made to "hate" on the new system or to get attention as some people are saying, if I wanted attention I would've done something more then a simple thread. The reason I decided to do this thread was to just see what people are going through with the new system to see if any of it is the same that I've also been dealing with and to also see things that are wrong with it for any associates with Perfect World/Cryptic to see what their fans/users think and whats going on. If anyone does not like this thread why are you reading any of this or even clicking on this? Yes I am newly connected to PWE but, I am not new to STO or just Star Trek in general.

As far as for everyone else I love the chatting and the posts I've already received, it's awesome to see what the community thinks of when it comes to big changes like these.

(And I know one person has already asked this... No I am NOT with PWE or Cryptic I'm just a normal player like anyone else, I just like to see what's going on in the community and people's thoughts about things like this.)

Thanks! And keep posting

EDIT**
------------------------

Also if anyone else has things they'd like to ask please don't mind on asking I don't mind seeing some new questions on the thread.

Last edited by xsly985x; 07-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Captain
# 13
07-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsly985x View Post
Q. How do you feel about the new points system, having to buy ZEN and then needing to convert it over. Too much work/too confusing or do you think it's ok?
From a purely technical standpoint, this is probably a good thing. The 1$ = 100 Zen is good for the customer, it's good for the company and it's good for the game (transparency).

What really really SUCKS, is the fact that PWE appearently only deals in Euros and USD (what I remember)... Sure this is a good thing for the US and a good deal of the EU, but for me, it's bad...

It simply means, that apart from the VAT (forced on the purchase by my goverment... not Cryptic and PWE's fault), I have to pay the conversion price of 5% or so too... (don't remember the details. Unfortunally, the bank puts the conversion price in BEFORE VAT is payed, so I end up paying a unnecessary amount to buy Zen... Therefor I will not buy Zen.

Quote:
Q. Does the new webpage look nicer and offer more intel and just overall information that fans enjoy?
Well does it look nicer? I guess... Does it look Trek? Na... It's pretty generic, which is good I guess considering that it doesn't feel like Cryptic is making a real trek game.

Remove the Star Trek logo, and the Star Trek ship in the background, and no one would be able to tell that this is a Star Trek game, from the layout on the webpage.

AND SERIOUSLY... WTF us up with that scrolling facebook thing in the articles...? (I know... I removed it with a tool, but still).

Quote:
Q. What about the linking package Cryptic gave to all STO members who linked their accounts, do you think that was awesome of them or maybe just a little "incentive"?
The only incentive for me to convert my account was to be able to post on the forums. If it had'n been required to post on the forums, package or not, I would'n have converted.

It is NEVER a good idea to force changes on people... Especially not such a huge change. And since we are getting spammed left and right to buy Zen... It's just a pest really.

Quote:
Q. Have you been experiencing any technical issues or problems with your account/website/or purchasing?
Well... lets see: The account page doesn't show my veteran status (LTS since before launch, and I have only had a active account for about 20 days? Yea right.) Support response: "Works fine".

The page is messed up in Chrome... One would think that professional web developers could at least make cross platform webpages? (I can criticize them for this with good reason, as I am a web developer myself ^^).

Despite selecting "Keep me logged in", I always have to log in... (Seriously... drop a cookie that works).

need I go on?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos