Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 21
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Someone once asked wheter Cryptic had a degree in aggrevating customers. I added the statement to my signature back then.

It seems it still holds true. Take the Fleet Armitage for example. Less than a month after it was released, it's revealed to have a fleet version as well...that...get this...everyone can get. So you just paid $25 for a ship that in a few months, everyone will get a better version of for free.

The whole next season really doesn't play fair with the paying customers, but then again, when did they ever?
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 22
07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
A Surricata style revamp lis not much different than the way ships work now except:
  • Two additional items to slot, warp core and computer core.
  • Ship attributes query, load, and set from a new database table based on those items (just as they do now for shields, impulse engines, deflectors etc...).
  • Current ships only serve as a model or skin then so the specific databases loading that information are cleared.
  • A graphical UI interface update.
Why not approach this from the other angle?

1. Current ship hulls become the warp core. (no database changes needed). The core spcifies everything that the current ship object specifies (except for the ship's looks), so it is a direct conversion. NEW CORE = OLD SHIP.

2. Edit the ship tailor screen to show all "owned" hulls to be put on top of the currently active warp core. (again no database changes, just small UI changes to the tailor screen - which already looks at which ship hulls you own!). OLD SHIP HULL = NEW TAILOR OPTION.

3. Done. EVERYONE HAPPY!



... and there you have it, no major changes and no need to redesign anything. Done like this the changes are just simple UI changes. Seriously, probably only a few lines of code...
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 07-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 267
# 23
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofallon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofallon View Post
So in Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes July 6 they released a General statement covering updates on the Lock Box Ships. Now since anything posted there will be literally buried in all the discussion, I decided to make this forum post in a not generally used way.

Quoted from Tribble Maintenance Release Notes July 6, " Updated the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, Cardassian Galor, and Ferengi D'Kora so they have bonus HP, bonus shields, and an additional console slot so they are competitive with the fleet ships."

Just what the heck is going on here. In reading it several times I believe this to be a HARD CORE MONUMENTAL MISTAKE.

If you have a lock box ship, you get a free upgrade to be competitive with Fleet Ships. Where is my free upgrade for all the C-Store Ships we all have purchased. Oh that's right , I have to earn it thru the Tactical Commendations Star Base Tiers to open up ship yards.

Just when I thought the Developer's and Publishers were getting on the same track, I was proved wrong. This is EPIC FAIL and puts a Cash Greed Front to ALL of Any Practical Customer Relations because you just made Lock Box Ships better in game than any other by not requiring those who hold Lock Box Ships to play in the same sand box or to earn it.

Also, I thought we were getting beyond the whole Eastern Style of Micro Transactions due to the general dislike in the Western World. Many times several mentions of re-examining the whole lock box drop rate from Dan Stahl to Al Rivera. I understand they are here to stay but really they drop from mines, high yield torpedoes,structures, low tier MoB's and just a plain overload drop rate , not to mention you can buy them from the dilithium store, yet making Lock Box Ship's considerably OP compared to our current ship selections is unfair and poor in judgement.

I charge that this must be re-done. So much for dropping the Floor Mr. Rivera you just raised the roof as you always say is inappropriate. The ability to purchase a +1 or Fleet version of a Lock Box Ship should be done the same as it is for C-Store Ships, you fraggin' earn it like every one else.

In closing , If I have misunderstood the Tribble Release Notes July 6 and if it is the case that all Lock Box Ships will have to upgrade the same as all other ships, then consider my previous statements redacted.
I completely disagree. (In my humble opinion), the Devs know how much $$$, time, or in-game assets players spent on lockbox ships and are looking out for the players best interests by preserving something that would otherwise, just become obsolete. I completely agree with this decision and I believe the Devs got this one right.

So, what your posting really means, is that the C-store ships you purchased are not getting upgrades you have a case of "sour grapes"? Don't get on the Devs for upgrading the lockbox ships. Just begin a post asking for the C-store T5 ships to allow for an upgrade to members who purchased one (as they should). Two totally different topics.

Last edited by paragon92518; 07-10-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 231
# 24
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
This is ignoring reality though.

Al said in his PriorityOne interview, that to make such a system is either NOT within their engine's capabilities... or it would take a complete from-the-ground-up approach, which would take several seasons.

Either situation is obviously gonna cost them major cash to implement this idea, if it would work anyway.
Al also said he hadn't really looked at the system in the interview, so his comments should be taken with a grain of salt. As per the thread where I made the suggestion, I even gave an estimate of the time it would take to do (approx 1 season with 2-3 devs working on it off and on). The system IS within thier engines capabilities, it just needs time and some programming, just like the combat revamp, DoFF system and minigames. It really would only take a few months ot get the base code written. When the dev's say it's not capable in the games engine, what they really mean is that it would require a programmer to write to code and add it to the engine, and they might not have the time due to other projects at the time, but it certainly does not mean its not within the engines capabilities, I created the system to be as simple as possable to ensure it would be infact!

Yes, my revamp would certainly cost money to implement, but it ensures that the tier system is far more robust and future proofed (and also opens up C-store ship sales significantly), so it would be short term costs for long term gains. With the new Fleet system, they could of implemented 'Fleet Warp Cores' and 'Fleet Computer Cores', however, with the way they have added the new Fleet ships the tier system is now pretty much completely broken, which is why you are starting to see more people getting angry about C-store ships they purchased been outclassed by other newer ships. (something I was predicting was about to happen when I made my proposal to prevent it....)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 267
# 25
07-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
Al also said he hadn't really looked at the system in the interview, so his comments should be taken with a grain of salt. As per the thread where I made the suggestion, I even gave an estimate of the time it would take to do (approx 1 season with 2-3 devs working on it off and on). The system IS within thier engines capabilities, it just needs time and some programming, just like the combat revamp, DoFF system and minigames. It really would only take a few months ot get the base code written. When the dev's say it's not capable in the games engine, what they really mean is that it would require a programmer to write to code and add it to the engine, and they might not have the time due to other projects at the time, but it certainly does not mean its not within the engines capabilities, I created the system to be as simple as possable to ensure it would be infact!

Yes, my revamp would certainly cost money to implement, but it ensures that the tier system is far more robust and future proofed (and also opens up C-store ship sales significantly), so it would be short term costs for long term gains. With the new Fleet system, they could of implemented 'Fleet Warp Cores' and 'Fleet Computer Cores', however, with the way they have added the new Fleet ships the tier system is now pretty much completely broken, which is why you are starting to see more people getting angry about C-store ships they purchased been outclassed by other newer ships. (something I was predicting was about to happen when I made my proposal to prevent it....)
If I was Mr. Stahl, I would fly Suricata to Cryptic Studios immediately and have him supervise the installation of his system. I'd probably offer him a job. What Suricata designed is simply pure-genius.

It's such a darn shame that excellent ideas like Suricata's get "lost" being forwarded up the chain of command, within the bowels of corporate bureaucracy. Perhaps its' my experience being the president of a small company that is doing the talking, but I firmly believe you need to be 100% hands on to be successful. This idea probably never even made it to Mr. Stahl's desk before it was dismissed. Sad...but likely the case.

I like Dan Stahl. But I would like to see more of him on these forums interacting with us all.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,353
# 26
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibash View Post
Someone once asked wheter Cryptic had a degree in aggrevating customers. I added the statement to my signature back then.

It seems it still holds true. Take the Fleet Armitage for example. Less than a month after it was released, it's revealed to have a fleet version as well...that...get this...everyone can get. So you just paid $25 for a ship that in a few months, everyone will get a better version of for free.

The whole next season really doesn't play fair with the paying customers, but then again, when did they ever?



Yes. Ignore the cash store. YOu cna get better versions of those ships for free with absolutely no effort, enjoy those consoles.


Oh wait that's right, you and your fleetmates have to bust your collective butts to unlock the ability to BUILD those ships, devote MASSIVE amounts of resources as well.


But at least you get those consoles.



Oops my bad, you don't get the consoles. YOu get an empty hull with extra reinforcement and an extra console slot.



Yup, totally makes the cash store ships useless.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 278
# 27
07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
so my c-store defiant that i spent real money on is nolonger going to be competitive?

what am i going to to in pvp for the year it takes to max out a star base or however long it takes to get a fleet upgrade ship, in pvp matches?

to me this breaks pvp, my once competitive ship with nolonger be....

and lock box ships (that i cannot aquire without going against my principles) are getting insta boosted?

this ruins the game for me

join date: Jan. 2012
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 278
# 28
07-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
I completely disagree. (In my humble opinion), the Devs know how much $$$, time, or in-game assets players spent on lockbox ships and are looking out for the players best interests by preserving something that would otherwise, just become obsolete. I completely agree with this decision and I believe the Devs got this one right.

So, what your posting really means, is that the C-store ships you purchased are not getting upgrades you have a case of "sour grapes"? Don't get on the Devs for upgrading the lockbox ships. Just begin a post asking for the C-store T5 ships to allow for an upgrade to members who purchased one (as they should). Two totally different topics.
i think the point is if u buff one u gotta buff the others at season 6 launch , my t-5 defiant will not beable to compete with a bug, when i bought my ship, it was with the understanding that it would compete in max level play i feel like i have a t-4 ship now

join date: Jan. 2012
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 29
07-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
so my c-store defiant that i spent real money on is nolonger going to be competitive?

what am i going to to in pvp for the year it takes to max out a star base or however long it takes to get a fleet upgrade ship, in pvp matches?

to me this breaks pvp, my once competitive ship with nolonger be....

and lock box ships (that i cannot aquire without going against my principles) are getting insta boosted?

this ruins the game for me
absolutely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
i think the point is if u buff one u gotta buff the others at season 6 launch , my t-5 defiant will not beable to compete with a bug, when i bought my ship, it was with the understanding that it would compete in max level play i feel like i have a t-4 ship now
absolutely.


Why the hell should the (already OP!!!) lockbox ships get a free buff?


... and cryptic then wonder why their PVP is so f*cked up ...

If we need to grind for fleet versions of store ships, then lockbox ship owners should grind just as hard (actually harder, as the parts are more rare just like the ships!) for their upgrades...
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 07-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 30
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
You know how much I paid for these damn Jem'hadar , and Ferengi ships!!

I am HAPPY there is an upgrade, why did I just spend a hell of a lot MORE ($100+ each )than $20 or $25 for this ship, and now newer, cheaper and better ones are available. ( with work )

I am sure if the OP had one of these ships he/she would be fine with the mods. Don't worry, no one can blow you up in PvE so you're safe from the OP lockbox ships.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.