Career Officer
So I have not been touching STO since December 13th (SWTOR early access date) and decided I wanted to give it a go again cause I have had much fun for about 1 1/2 years in the Star Trek universe created by Cryptic.

So I patched up and holy jesus WTF have you done to the graphics?
I?m not talking about sector space I?m talking about the toons. They look HORRIBLY now.
Everything is like blurred out. STO always had nice graphics and you could create so many cool looking toons but now this all looks so bad I cant even describe it. Even my old toon was not recognisable again. I alwasy was quite satisfied with it and played it for over a year cause I liked it so much. Dont get me started. I couldnt even look at it.
My graphics are maxed out as it was before I left.

I really wanted to give STO a try again and level a new toon but I left the game after 15 mins.
This is really sad.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-09-2012, 06:22 AM
When you say blurred out I think you may have "half resolution" checked to On in your graphics settings in game, check it to see and if it is, turn it off.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 3
07-09-2012, 06:30 AM
I will check that when I come home thx. But as I said I havent changed anything in my graphics since I left so it should be the same. But I will give it a try.
Career Officer
# 4
07-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Can you please take a screenshot of what your seeing? Did you mess with /renderscale or /visscale?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 5
07-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxf1restarterxx View Post
I will check that when I come home thx. But as I said I havent changed anything in my graphics since I left so it should be the same. But I will give it a try.
No actually it's a known issue that causes the reset.

There's a large amount of previous discussion on the topic.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...alf+resolution'

Granted that's a catch all for the setting but even on the front page I see 3 or 4 threads on the problem.

If you're seeing pixelization, that;s also a sign of the problem.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 6
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
The last season shoved out the door way too eary forced me to redo my graphic settings and this happended to a friend of mine also. I'm guessing it has something to dow tih the beta DX implement ations that are barely even close to being started on Holodeck. Restore defaults for your graphics settings in-game, then go through and set everything again. Depending on your GPU, there are different drivers that tend to favor this game more than others.