Career Officer
# 21
07-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Considering how little things the Klingons have are you surprised they have a death grip on anything they think is an advantage to their side? Just after they release of another new fed ship they where told they aren't getting a new ship in the foreseeable future.
Yes, and I'm sure if there were threads in the Fed forums requesting iron bikini's, huge shoulder pads and sausage shaped cruisers there would be an equal uproar about losing uniqueness.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Feds already get the Iron Bikini's and huge should pads, if they have the right BOFFs you get from Diplomacy.

Sausage shaped cruisers? Such as the Marauder? KDF has been opposed to the request for a Star Cruiser to be given a Hanger to compete with the Marauder.

Edit:
I've also come to the conclusion that one of the main reasons the Carriers can't launch Frigates is because the MVAE comes with 2 Frigates during Separation mode. Protecting the MVAE is the reason you can't separate Saucer and Aquarius so it could be the reason there is no Launchable Fed Frigate.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.

Last edited by dknight0001; 07-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 23
07-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Fair enough. Give the KDF a a Destroyer or Raptor w/ a hanger bay and pets that have tractor beams, then we can talk. In fact, just tack that bad boy hanger bay right onto my Garumba and take away the Siege Mode so I can get me a fleet version, or hell; just alter the Fleet version to have a hangar bay instead of Siege Mode.
Aye, you want frigates then we should get tractor beam pets, plus would be sweet to have a raptor with a hanger bay!
Lt. Commander
# 24 Reply
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
how about this remember the fed scout ship data used i n st insurrection it could be piloted by one came with phasers and torpedo launchers and a nice size deflector on front
put two in carrier and give her ability two fire either tranphasic cluster minetorps or tricobalt devices and make another klingon sjip of similar size that carries harpeng torpedoes and give them both a science ability tied into nav deflector. that way both get a good new pet to play with.
Career Officer
# 25
07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Aye, you want frigates then we should get tractor beam pets, plus would be sweet to have a raptor with a hanger bay!

I don't want a frigate. I just want pets that have AP dual cannons, AP turrets, 2 Torpedo launchers including Tricobalts, Tricobalt Mines, CRF 2 & HYT 2 oh, and a special ability would be nice on top of all of that. Something like Aceton Beam.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Danube Runabouts have tractor beams...

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Ensign
# 27 advancements in technology
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Take the fore mentioned advantages of one side versus the other and you see the ships the feds use now are much beter than what the designers could have used like in the book, " Dreadnaut", where there was use of two different types of attack sleds, a one seater and a two seater with one having tractor beam and the other with a photon torpedo and both had front phaser banks. Both are slower than the current shuttles but still faster and more manuverable than a type 1 shuttle, both types would be slower than the peri fighters and out matched.
The federation has carriers at thier disposal, during the dominion war they were used in one of the DS9 episodes, however the carriers they used had no weapons except the fighters they launched and needed protection. In theory they could have given the option of having two more bays for the fed carrier to launch ships, no one would want to fly it with out any other weapons though.
The ships being used are thought out and for balancing a game with so many variables, they have done a good job. I would like to see more of the cruisers with at least one hanger, add another hanger to current carriers, let all the klingon ships either phase or cloak, let more fed ships cloak, let the carrier players switch to one of thier fighters and take control of the fighter for a little bit, expand the higher ships shield slots to allow for tripple shielding, and many more ideas however these ideas have a potential to upset game balance and in most player's hands they would destroy the fun of what they designed the ships for in the first place. This are not starfleet battles, but for most players the game gives a decent window into Star Trek and is one of the beter ship vs ship games out on the comp.