Captain
All I can find searching are archived posts about the Quad cannon and none showing parses between the two. Just a bunch of people saying Quad is equal end game and a bunch saying its not better then Mark X's in damage.

Are there any up to date parses out there that show the damage difference between the Quad cannons and the Mark X - XII DHC's? Would love to see if the rate of fire of the Quads keeps up in sustained damage like some posters have said or if at 50 they become worthless once you get Mark XI or better like other posters have stated.

Any solid info would be appreciated, Thanks.
Banned
# 2
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Phaser_Quad_Cannons

Quote: The Phaser Quad Cannons are level-less and so do not have a mark number. Instead the quad cannons scale with the player meaning their damage output is proportional to the player's current level. This makes them good for a mid-level character trying to level-up, but poor at end game compared to Mk XI and XII items. At level 51, the phaser quad cannons are roughly equivalent to a Mk X item, though no other weapon in the game has four [Dmg] modifiers.

It has been claimed that these would be the highest damage cannons in the game [1], but this is not the case, as they have less DPS than Mk XI dual cannons with two [Dmg] modifiers, Mk XII dual cannons with one [Dmg] modifier.

/thread
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Quads are getting a buff, just check Tribble. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Captain
# 4
07-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes I have read the wiki but I do not think it has been updated since the 1.2 changes. Thats why I wanted something more up to date or something that shows a damage parse between the two weapon systems. Thanks though.
Career Officer
# 5
07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Nevermind, ninjaed by a DEV...
Captain
# 6
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Quads are getting a buff, just check Tribble. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
oh? so do you think as a 30 captain its worth getting the c store ship then? Just didnt want to fork out the cash only to have a out dated weapon that ill never use at 50

Oh damn that was a Dev post :-)

Last edited by kelshando; 07-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
oh? so do you think as a 30 captain its worth getting the c store ship then? Just didnt want to fork out the cash only to have a out dated weapon that ill never use at 50

I've done some testing on Tribble, and they're decent at max level, but you still shouldn't expect them to be the best. (You don't want it to be pay to win, do you?) You can certainly use it just fine at max level, though I found my Mark 12 purple DHCs were still better slightly.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Banned
# 8
07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post

To be fair, I think a merchant will always say, "Yes, it is worth it to give us money".

I believe you can word that quite a bit differently to get a far more useful response.

Nevertheless, if quads are indeed getting some love, I'll have to see...

Edit: Nevermind... Tribble, [DMG]x2 Mk12's are still superior.
Captain
# 9
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
To be fair, I think a merchant will always say, "Yes, it is worth it to give us money".

I believe you can word that quite a bit differently to get a far more useful response.

Nevertheless, if quads are indeed getting some love, I'll have to see...
Ya I didnt notice it was a dev post till after I posted. But still If they are are getting a buff to be on par with mark XII and its more a mater of flavor at that point then I may have to look at getting it.
Banned
# 10
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I've done some testing on Tribble, and they're decent at max level, but you still shouldn't expect them to be the best. (You don't want it to be pay to win, do you?) You can certainly use it just fine at max level, though I found my Mark 12 purple DHCs were still better slightly.
The game is already pay to win... the consoles, the carriers, the ships, etc...

Why veer from the trend with one item?

At least that would maintain consistency.

The problem is too much focus on PvE at PvP's expense... I anxiously await to see if Cryptic will uphold its word to address this in Season 6 (as they promised with every season in the past).

It's no wonder the PvP community here is as brash as it is... they've gone shoved under the rug for two years. In that case, I'd be angry too.