Captain
# 11
07-10-2012, 08:11 AM
What do you mean my boffs and doffs aren't real?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
What do you mean my boffs and doffs aren't real?
....I lol'd.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
... when you click-drag an ultra-rare ship to your bank to free up your inventory only to see the game registering it as a double click and thus opening the box for you, binding the ship to your character.

... when you believe Cryptic has given up any hope of revitalizing the usefulness of the Assault Cruiser, so you purchase an Odyssey -- only to find out not too much later there's going to be a Fleet Assault Cruiser variant which has the performance you want, but you're skeptical about going with it since you just dropped a bunch of C-points for the 3-pack Odyssey bundle and don't want to think you wasted your money.

... when it's late-o-clock in the morning and you've been grinding STFs for hours on end and when you get a rare tech drop you want, you accidently buy the wrong set item, thus negating the last several hours (or few days) gaining the EDCs to buy what you wanted.

... when you've been buying Large Hypos at an inflated rate on the exchange, not realizing there's a Large Hypo vendor on DS9.

... when you decide to go to a different starbase to change your costume and pick Starbase 39 since it usually doesn't have a lot of people -- only to recognize upon zoning in there is no costume tailor there.

... when you forget to add a zero to an expensive merchandise item on the exchange and end up selling it for a fraction of what it normally sells for.

... when you forget to put impulse engines on a vessel you take out of mothballs and spend the next 15 minutes using your reaction thrusters to scootch towards the starbase to beam back in.

... when you've been doing elite STFs all night and your gut tells you this team is made up entirely of idiots that don't know what their doing -- but you end up succeeding and the hiccup at the beginning that led to the feeling was just that... a hiccup.

... when you respond to the Ten Forward thread 'The person above you' only to find out someone ninja'd the person you were responding to, thus disrupting the entire thread game, and then editing your post to reflect the person who you now have to respond to -- then having to edit again when he responds to your edit (it turns out you were both constantly monitoring the thread).
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Republic Veteran
# 14
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
... you are responsible for 80% of the kills in an Elite STF only to see the idiot who was trying to ruin everything end up with the Prototype Borg Deflector Tech you have been needing for weeks.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 15
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
... when you forget to add a zero to an expensive merchandise item on the exchange and end up selling it for a fraction of what it normally sells for.
And then the dummy who buys it runs off to the support forums and makes a post about the great buy that they just got so everybody and see it and laugh at you.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
... you are responsible for 80% of the kills in an Elite STF only to see the idiot who was trying to ruin everything end up with the Prototype Borg Deflector Tech you have been needing for weeks.
This.

I'll also add as a footnote: "The rainbow cruiser with crappy consoles and boff powers that refuses to participate with the team (by supplying heals or even attacking the same targets) ends up getting the Prototype Tech."

In the same vein as your post, only this guy really wasn't trying to ruin it on purpose, he was just that daft.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
...you realize you're the only one who doesn't know how to take a regular ship into the vault event

... Your T5 Skittle boat is doing less DPS than the guy who brought a Constitution Class ship into the STF

... The day you give up in your heart that you're ever going to get a Prototype Tech drop in an STF is the day you get more than one
Captain
# 18
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
After you accidentially que for an elite ground STF, battle for an hour with common gear to get to the final room and discover how to win the battle, you look around to find the rest of the team has bailed on you.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
...after telling everyone in an IGE run how great of a jumper you are, and should be in the jumping group, you fall into the plasma pool on the first jump
Commander
# 20
07-10-2012, 01:28 PM
ouch that sucks lol