Commander
# 11
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Q Narrating would be awsome! lol
I thought it would be cool to see something like that, perhaps a massive conspiracy that links all these people from across the galaxy culminating in a big end... otherwise it would just be a soap in space! ewww lmao
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Starfleet Veteran
# 12
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I'd like to see the episodes where they explain how they cured all the evils of the world. Feeding everybody, curing cancer, convincing people they don't need money, inspiring the labor unions to work for free, shutting down the tobacco, and oil companies, etc...
Rihannsu
# 13
07-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, one thing I think definately needs to be in is exploring why so many races have such a highly favorable opinion of the Federation. Many races join the Federation simply because they like them so much. Why? What did the Federation do to earn their trust like that?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 14
07-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I think it's just the logical choice that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Plus just for changing some of its laws they can get free assistance, protection, knowledge... its better to think, "why shouldnt they join the federation"?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 15
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Oh, yeah, I'm sure a lot of them joined simply because of that idea. I can definately imagine the Betazoids doing so, but not all races are as willing to join. The Bajorans eventually decided to join, but not until after the war with Cardassia. Many other races have displayed the same sort of unwillingness to join. Some of them later showed up as members, but others, such as the Ktarians, have interacted with the Federation for decades.

We don't know exactly how the Federation met the Ktarians or what the diplomatic climate is between the Ktarians and the Federation. In one ep of TNG, a Ktarian tried to take over the Enterprise-D. Then in DS9/Voy a Ktarian was running one of the shops on DS9. Apparently, the same Ktarian was the father of Naomi Wildman. What exactly is the relationship between the Federation and the Ktarians?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 16
07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
What exactly is the relationship between the Federation and the Ktarians?
Now we got a plot
To be fair we went from enemys to close allies with Germany within thirty years after a massive war, im sure the federation can bury the hatchet with races in the short term, (Decade).

Rihannsu
# 17
07-11-2012, 05:44 AM
It's more in depth than that. The TNG ep that introduced Ktarians didn't mention anything about their government being hostile to the Federation. In fact, Riker met and dated a Ktarian(Etana Jol) while on Risa. I doubt that could have happened if the Federation was at war with the Ktarians.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Lieutenant
# 18
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I think it's just the logical choice that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Plus just for changing some of its laws they can get free assistance, protection, knowledge... its better to think, "why shouldnt they join the federation"?
Because they want to be independent from it.
Rihannsu
# 19
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
It sounds like a weak reason, but historically MANY cultures have turned down integration for just that reason.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 20
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Over the past few months I've been toying with the idea of a series that centers around Search and Rescue/Support/Police Vessel type ship. Rather than exploring new things, races, and places, it would be more about things we already know, but how they work, what they do, basically how an interplanetary nation deals with other interplanetary nations.

Not really an "Origins" thing, but definitely an exploring the background noise sort of story.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.