Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Store
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
So you spend huge amounts of dilithium in fleet proyects + a massive amount of stuff each time you help giving materials or dilithium you are rewarded with fleet marks, to that point makes sense to me.

Well i went today to tribble and try to buy some stuff in the fleet store, for my surprise my hard earned fleet credits must to be backed with a significant amount of dilithium in order to buy a XII disrruptor pulsewave rifle that oviously isnt purple quality.

So because i spend all my dilithium in the base proyects i cant buy barely nothing that pick up the interest of my eyes, and here is my question, if a simple weapon cost 10k dilithium how much are a single tier 5 fleet ship? this dont make sense at all or dilithium refinement cap is increased or this massive flow of dilithium will drain everybodys pockets in no time

Conclusion this is a massive swindle i better keep my dilithium for buy c points or anything that really make me feel like im doing a good purchase .
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88638226000&dateline=  1340395851
Career Officer
# 2
07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Swindle? Nope.

You can just go back to grinding for dilithium to EARN your fleet items. Or, in the future, leave it to fleetmates to advance the starbase, while you conserve your hard earned dilithium.

You are not forced to contribute to advancing the starbase - you made a choice!

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 3
07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattarn View Post
... in order to buy a XII disrruptor pulsewave rifle that oviously isnt purple quality.
Not purple? Not to doubt you, but is the color of the icon for the weapon purple or not? Did you buy it seeing it was white?

In my fleet starbase on Tribble, I bought a purple Mark 12 antiproton split beam rifle, with higher stats than my purple Mark 11 version. It looks purple and has higher stats, as expected.

You purchased a disruptor weapon. Could KDF have a monopoly on purple fleet ground disruptor weapons, while Feds only get white disruptors, and Feds have purple fleet ground phaser weapons, while KDF only get white phasers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattarn View Post
if a simple weapon cost 10k dilithium how much are a single tier 5 fleet ship? (.
Have you seen the current dilithium costs of Tier 3, 4, and 5 ships on Holodeck, which cost well over 70 K dilithium, and if I recall, Tier 5 costs 120 K dilithium.

So don't be surprised if fleet ships cost well over 120 K dilithium plus fleet credits/merits.

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyxmas1 View Post
Not purple? Not to doubt you, but is the color of the icon for the weapon purple or not? Did you buy it seeing it was white?

In my fleet starbase on Tribble, I bought a purple Mark 12 antiproton split beam rifle, with higher stats than my purple Mark 11 version. It looks purple and has higher stats, as expected.

You purchased a disruptor weapon. Could KDF have a monopoly on purple fleet ground disruptor weapons, while Feds only get white disruptors, and Feds have purple fleet ground phaser weapons, while KDF only get white phasers?

Have you seen the current dilithium costs of Tier 3, 4, and 5 ships on Holodeck, which cost well over 70 K dilithium, and if I recall, Tier 5 costs 120 K dilithium.

So don't be surprised if fleet ships cost well over 120 K dilithium plus fleet credits/merits.
To be honest wasnt purple i guess was like a mix of colours never saw something like that it reflects i guess fleet tier ( i supouse) it was DMGx3 and crit but im dont willing to spend 10k dilithium in that sort of thing.

Still thinking that store items should only cost fleet credits and they arent as easy to get since people are going to be droping stuff in proyects usually ending in people that have more time are going to get all the buck while people that can only log a few hours still have to grind dilithium marks and chips ( chips those who dont have MACO OMEGA or KDF)
so it dont make sense at all to me, and i say is a swindle because i never read that store items are going to cost any dilithium, y read they cost fleet credits but thats my point of view.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88638226000&dateline=  1340395851

Last edited by kattarn; 07-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Community Moderator
# 5
07-09-2012, 02:01 PM
The lesson there, I guess, is to be patient and spend your resources wisely.

If you throw everything at fleet advancement trying to level it as fast as you can, sounds like you won't have resources left to spend on anything else...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
No, I agree with this statement. I know Cryptic wants to introduce more dilithium sinks, but this just isn't fair. Either remove the dilithium from the items, or (better) remove it from the starbase construction requirements.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't think you're getting the point here: Massive dil sinks in the starbases means that the cpoint > dil conversion ratio is going to drop sharply, because dil is suddenly going to be worth more. That means it will be 'easier' to trade your dil in for ships!
Career Officer
# 8
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Woah, I guess I should be grateful that I can get neither my T2 cruiser refit nor an upgrade of my Excelsior since I'm basically a fleet of one.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
I don't think you're getting the point here: Massive dil sinks in the starbases means that the cpoint > dil conversion ratio is going to drop sharply, because dil is suddenly going to be worth more. That means it will be 'easier' to trade your dil in for ships!

Maybe you are right, but im seeing geting out of the pipeline new tier ships in a coming future.