Banned
# 1 Anyone have a spare 300mil EC?
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
There, now that that is out of the way Whats the fastest way to grind EC? I do a few STF's when I'm able to, and sell what little loot I do manage to get that day, but it still amounts to...pretty much nothing.
Even repeated some of the Episode Missions, but even that doesn't do a whole lot.
Trying to save up for different items, like Antiproton Mag Regulators, is something that seems like it will take years to grind out, especially the way the price of them keep going up.
And thats just one example. So any helpful tips would be greatly apprieciated
Career Officer
# 2
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Use Dilithium.
Craft.

If ec really is your only answer.

(1) Tour the Universe.
(2) Get Good at Kerrat War Zone, win a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(3) Get Good at Fleet Actions (Rom temple, Gorn Minefield, etc) Take 1st place a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(4) Grind your Doffs up into Purple Quality. Sell Purple Doffs.
(5) Scan the crap out of all anomolies. Collect a bunch of Data Samples. Sell Data Samples. The Rares can be worth a LOT of ec. Methogenic Particle Trace (the Rare One) is worth over 100,000 ec a piece. Do this during Multi Phasic Events.
(6) Play the exchange. Embrace the Rules of Aquisition and sit on the exchange buying low and selling high. I find this method terribly boring. But it works.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.
Career Officer
# 3
07-09-2012, 04:11 PM
use the doff system to get contraband, sell on the exchange, repeat. it's boring as hell but i got 80mil in a week when i wanted the ferengi ship
Ensign
# 4
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Contraband from doff missions goes for about 50K these days...
Captain
# 5
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Ya man, was gonna buy those mag regulators myself till I saw the price tag on the exchange. Am toying with the idea of building a bunch more and flooding the market with em.

CRAFT and SELL, repeat !!!

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 07-09-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2012, 04:43 PM
be careful not to pop ur cap if ur silver would suck very much to loose a large chunk of change
Commander
# 7
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
be careful not to pop ur cap if ur silver would suck very much to loose a large chunk of change
That's a great point.

AFAIK, your personal bank doesn't overflow into your account bank. Deposit EC into your account bank when your personal has the potential to get an overload, and don't sell too much at one time for it to get that way.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Commander
# 8 (7),(8)
07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Use Dilithium.
Craft.

If ec really is your only answer.

(1) Tour the Universe.
(2) Get Good at Kerrat War Zone, win a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(3) Get Good at Fleet Actions (Rom temple, Gorn Minefield, etc) Take 1st place a lot, get purple drops, sell purple drops.
(4) Grind your Doffs up into Purple Quality. Sell Purple Doffs.
(5) Scan the crap out of all anomolies. Collect a bunch of Data Samples. Sell Data Samples. The Rares can be worth a LOT of ec. Methogenic Particle Trace (the Rare One) is worth over 100,000 ec a piece. Do this during Multi Phasic Events.
(6) Play the exchange. Embrace the Rules of Aquisition and sit on the exchange buying low and selling high. I find this method terribly boring. But it works.

I am sure others will have other suggestions.
(7) Get Strange Alien Artifacts (from the Doff mission) sell for ~1mill, rinse and repeat.
(8) Get a klink account. Hop in a Vo'Quv. Save up 60k dilth. buy advanced slavers. beat the contraband out of them!
Captain
# 9
07-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
This is what I spend most of my time here doing. I'm also doing support tickets and switch back and forth between the two windows.

Breaks things up a bit.

I shoot for 3m but can make a lot more in a single day.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Banned
# 10
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice, it will definitely get put to good use