Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 61
07-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I was thinking of starting an alt named Colonel Klink and having an all Orion crew.
We could be the Colonel Klink and the kinkettes!!!
He He He...............
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
07-31-2012, 03:06 AM
Meh. I refer to Klingons as Klingons. People who call'em Klinks are just lazy typers.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Banned
# 63
07-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlili View Post
Have you ever heard of 'Colonel Klink'?

It's a Nazi character from an American show, who was always terrified of being sent to the Eastern Front in WW2.

I realize that some not-so-smart people will continue using it out of spite, even after reading this. I'm not going to try convincing anyone personally but at least those people will have to go to sleep every night knowing this.
Only the PC brigade will discontinue using this name after knowing what it really means. How many people call each other retarded when they do something generally stupid when they know its a term used for mentally handicapped people?
Ensign
# 64
07-31-2012, 05:40 AM
Colonel Klink is a military term: but you are all way off it came from when they would hide bottles of booze or beer in their pockets and sneak them back to their base/ boot camp.. the "clinking" of the bottles in their pockets was a dead give away to the MP's thus given the busted guy the name "Colonel Klink"
Empire Veteran
# 65
07-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Being that the Klingon Empire is now a multi-nation society, I have in STO always called them KDF as well an Orion isn't a Klingon nor is a Lethean.

I too have always found Klink as a bit werid imo.

Oh and Hogan's Heroes is a rather funny watch. It's one of many shows from that era that just show they may be old but they are still as good now as they were back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
I think the OP is Kyle's mom in disguise.

Stupid sounding and unwitty, yes. Derogatory, no.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Banned
# 67
08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good View Post
I think the OP is Kyle's mom in disguise.

Stupid sounding and unwitty, yes. Derogatory, no.
lol well maybe the term 'klink' is considered racist against Klingons considering how Klingon is considered an official language now. Check it out I'm not talking rubbish it really is.
Captain
# 68
08-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Calling using the name of a lovable character from an old TV comedy a derogatory term is more than a tad idiotic.
Overlooking the fact that this is a fictional character, Klink was a colonel in the Luftwaffe, not a Nazi, a historical truth is that except for the SS, officers of the German military were prohibited from joining any political party, including the Nazis.
In any case the idea that somebody would make the connection of a coward like Klink with Nazis had me rolling on the floor laughing.
Klink has many uses from being a municipality in Germany to being another word for prison.

I think someone has way too much time on their hands taking issue with something as silly as this, Klingon characters regularly refer to themselves as Klinks, the term is used with no derogatory intent.
Using contractions is common where the only means of communication is through typing and proper and complete grammar is a superfluous waste of time.
Republic Veteran
# 69
08-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I've been playing star trek games online since 1999...with starfleet command and calling them klinks was around back then too...a decade before the kdf was the red headed step child of sto.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpower2012 View Post
lol well maybe the term 'klink' is considered racist against Klingons considering how Klingon is considered an official language now. Check it out I'm not talking rubbish it really is.
The language maybe official, but they're still fictional characters.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.