Captain
# 1 Engage the enemy/defend ...
07-09-2012, 05:53 AM
There are missions, mostly in the Explore this, Explore that scenarios, where you have to destroy a number of enemies or have to defend something against a number of incoming enemies.

After each kill, a screen appears with the message like kill the next enemy. This is annoying. Second, this is very annoying while flying a BoP with cloaking. The message decloaks you spoiling a cooldown.

Suggestion. Make it so that the opening screen tells what is going on and what do you have to do and then after the final action he reappears telling you how great you are. In between I want to concentrate on the battle and not being distracted by a captain obvious.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Completely agree.
It's crap.
But... I don't do those missions anymore.

On that note, why do I uncloak when my officer talks to me?
Does his/her voice have some disabling effect on the cloaking device?

I could see collecting loot, or maybe getting hailed by someone not on your crew.
Maybe.
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Captain
# 3
07-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Yes, that decloaking is quite annoying. What's also annoying is when the game gives you a mission popup RIGHT AFTER you've killed an enemy. . .and if you happen to be right next to the enemy (after having, say, done an awesome alpha-strike run), you're frozen in space right next to a ship that's about to explode, fussing with a silly popup message that probably wasn't necessary to begin with.

I have this problem a lot when I'm doing STFs, 'cause I fly close to the cubes and spheres for maximum powah.
Captain
# 4
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
...you're frozen in space...
That particular issue can be turned off in the options. The cloaking thing is a pretty big issue that's been around for a while...
Captain
# 5
07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
That particular issue can be turned off in the options. The cloaking thing is a pretty big issue that's been around for a while...
Huh. Should look into that, then