Ensign
Hi there...

I'm hoping this is in the right place... but I have an interesting problem that you guys might have some insight in.

In my main character, I'm a full-ranking Ambassador; and I don't have the ability to Transwarp to DS9 yet -- and now, I don't have the ability to Transwarp to my Fleet Starbase. My other character has the option, but it's greyed out.

Am I missing something here, or is something wrong at my end.

Thanks folks!

-- Samuel
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
You can't transwarp to your SB until the transwarp network is functioning. It's the same for all of us. As for DS9... I have no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 3
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Your starbase is in the same sector as K7 I believe but someone will need to check me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
As for DS9... I have no idea.
The missing DS9 transwarp is a known issue. Works for me but not for a number of people.

I direct you to the search function if you want to search for transwarp but you'll just find people complaining about it.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 4
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Your starbase is in the same sector as K7 I believe but someone will need to check me on that.

The missing DS9 transwarp is a known issue. Works for me but not for a number of people.

I direct you to the search function if you want to search for transwarp but you'll just find people complaining about it.
Yes, the starbase is in same sector as the Sherman's system, but that is a different transwarp destination. As stated by the previous poster, the Transwarp to Starbase ability is contingent on the starbase having upgraded (built) the Transwarp gateway. It took us about a week on Tribble to get to that point. Once the Transwarp gateway is built, the Transwarp to Starbase ability becomes available as a Transwarp destination (i.e., it is no longer greyed out). Until then, it cannot be used.

Note: Once it is active, the Transwarp to Starbase destination is like any other transwarp destination in that it starts a shared cooldown on all Transwarp destinations. However, at least on Tribble, unlike other transwarp destinations, when you transwarp to the starbase, upon leaving, you are returned to your transwarp starting point, not sector block of your Transwarp destination. For instance, if you are in the Sirius Sector Block and transwarp to K7 (Sherman's), when you warp to Sector, you will be in the Eta Eridani sector block. If, on the other hand, you Transwarp to your Starbase, when you exit to Sector space, you will be back in the Sirius Block where you transwarped from. At least, that is the way it worked on Tribble.
Captain
# 5
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotaudi View Post
Yes, the starbase is in same sector as the Sherman's system, but that is a different transwarp destination. As stated by the previous poster, the Transwarp to Starbase ability is contingent on the starbase having upgraded (built) the Transwarp gateway. It took us about a week on Tribble to get to that point. Once the Transwarp gateway is built, the Transwarp to Starbase ability becomes available as a Transwarp destination (i.e., it is no longer greyed out). Until then, it cannot be used.
I was making that as a suggestion to get the player at least in the area.

edit: I'll be honest. I think this was a poor place to put the starbases. The sector already has a hub and transwarp location. Would have done better elsewhere
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 6
07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the replies, folks -- queries in the main chat weren't returned. ;]

Thanks everyone!

-- Samuel
;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post

Captain
# 7
07-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Talk to Lt. Ferra at the Academy and 'Update Commendation Records' to try and get DS9 transwarp working. Gets it working for some people.