Captain
# 1 Tachyon Detection Grid Console
07-10-2012, 04:40 AM
I was trying to check how some stuff runs in new season (I was off for a year) and I jumped in my Nebula which has Tachyon Detection Grid Console to test some stuff, namely the effect of +sensor on FOMM.

Now this console is supposed to give passive starship sensors buff as well as buff on activation of the ability. Well neither Sci Sensor Scan nor Fire on my Mark on my tact received any buff for their abilities, same goes for deflector that has +sensor stat.

Now I do not know it is just tooltip error or they still give bonuses to old stats that are no longer used.

But you should really recheck all those universal consoles that give +sensors as well as deflectors with +sensors so they truly give bonuses.

Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection Grid
Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection
Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor

Would like to known if it was checked or fixed tho, I wont buy bugged T3 nebula if the console grants no +sensor buff
Career Officer
# 2
07-10-2012, 04:47 AM
The Sensors skill only buffs SS and FOMM in terms of the stealth debuff the target receives, not the actual damage resistance debuff, as far as I know it is intentionally this way.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 3
07-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Ah in that case, I blame the lacking tooltip descriptions. Way to waste skill points on my tac But at least you explained it before I made some useless purchase in effort to double +sensor stat bonus
Career Officer
# 4
07-10-2012, 06:04 AM
I think i have only ever seen that console used in Kerrat before once and it was to find one person but the funny thing is they were to close and the field missed the guy that was flying behind them lol its a fun console when you have it but ive not seen one person use it efectivly in pvp.
Captain
# 5
07-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Ye well I was more interested in the Sensor skill buff for FOMM, but since it supposedly doesn't improve its dmg (which is not obvious from the tooltip), its somewhat useless...well more or less very useless console.

If +sensors at least improved sensor analysis tick speed or something.

Its actually funny thing that having superior sensors does more or less nothing