Commander
Top-tier rewards include new starships, equipment, duty officers, and consumable Operational Assets (which can only be used in group of special space and ground challenges)

Im sorry but what? Starships and equipment that can only be used in special space and ground challenges?.....Tell me....aside from Refit Ships that we can get from the Fleet Starbases are there any top of the line ships we can get from the fleet starbases that wont be limited to special situations?

Further more, what is with the Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit (The Nova Class ship)? It has NO engineering Bridge Officer from what i saw of it on the wiki.....

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Science_Vessel_Retrofit
Captain
# 2
07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Only the operational assets are tied to fleet actions. Anything else, including ships and gear can be used anywhere.
Commander
# 3
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh okay, thanks
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...3-00-52-05.jpg

Check the shipyard UI on tribble, last I looked the fleet science vessel had a lieutenant engineer.

There are several ships in the new set that are missing one department's bridge stations, but those generally have universal slots in their place (like the fleet Sovereign).

Quite a few of the tribble pages for the new ships don't match tribble's data, probably just an oversight as somebody tried to crank out the 40+ new pages the system calls for.
Commander
# 5
07-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I just found out that the Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit (The Nova Class) has a weaker shield modifier then the Fleet Deep Space Science Vessel and for that matter the Fleet Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit....why?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
I just found out that the Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit (The Nova Class) has a weaker shield modifier then the Fleet Deep Space Science Vessel and for that matter the Fleet Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit....why?
Ships frequently trade hull and/or shields for turn rate and vice versa. The FSVR is faster than the other ships you mention, likewise the fleet Nebula is slower, and has higher hull.

Last edited by hevach; 07-10-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Heh, seems like you're spoiling for a fight here for some reason?

While these are listed on Tribble in the Shipyard, I don't think they've been made available for balance testing yet. I wouldn't get too worked up for the moment.