Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,026
# 11
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Not debating on if it should or shouldn't, just pointing out why you probably won't get an answer. This is what, the third, fourth, thread about this very same question so far? None have been answered and one got locked for flaming.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 509
# 12
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Not debating on if it should or shouldn't, just pointing out why you probably won't get an answer. This is what, the third, fourth, thread about this very same question so far? None have been answered and one got locked for flaming.
Yeah, probably won't get an answer.

But I gotta keep trying. I'm like a bulldog on stuff like this. When I don't understand something, or have unanswered questions, I don't stop till I get an answer.

Just my nature I guess.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,701
# 13
07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Just like someone previously said, there is a certain group of folks on this forum that will start a flame war over not getting the Connie in with that retrofit.
So? It's not as if it would be the first flame war nor would it be the last. What do you think the KDF-players will do on the day the Romulan faction is announced? They have the choice between annoying fans of all T2 cruiser models and making fans of 3 models very happy while making those of one furious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
I think we are getting off in the weeds a bit here, so let's head back to the road.

The debate about if it should or shouldn't be, wasn't the purpose of the thread.

The purpose is to attempt to get a definitive answer from Cryptic one way or the other.

(I'm just as much to blame for getting sidetracked, and will attempt to stay more on topic)
Threads like yours have a tiny problem. You can ask the devs a question, but the thread will quickly vanish, as far as I know bumping is against the rules. What keeps threads afloat are discussions. And whether or not the devs should tell us isn't really much of a discussion topic.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 509
# 14
07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
So? It's not as if it would be the first flame war nor would it be the last. What do you think the KDF-players will do on the day the Romulan faction is announced? They have the choice between annoying fans of all T2 cruiser models and making fans of 3 models very happy while making those of one furious.



Threads like yours have a tiny problem. You can ask the devs a question, but the thread will quickly vanish, as far as I know bumping is against the rules. What keeps threads afloat are discussions. And whether or not the devs should tell us isn't really much of a discussion topic.
You have a point.

However, if everyone on these forums who has a "dog in the fight" so to speak, on getting an answer, came in here and posted a request for an answer, I think it would be rather hard for the devs to keep ignoring the elephant in the room.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 378
# 15
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
This is a question directly to the Devs.

There has been alot of discussion and boundless amounts of questions regarding the apparent lack of a Fleet Cruiser Retrofit.

Regardless of what the answer is, can we get a definitive answer?

Will there be a Fleet Cruiser Retrofit?

Is the Fleet Cruiser Retrofit being held back or not considered, because of the T5 Connie debate?

and...

Do the devs recognize the distinction between the Connie Refit at Tier 2, and the 2400s designs reflected by the Excalibur and the Vesper, which would seem logical candidates for a Fleet Cruiser Retrofit?

Any answer, regardless of it being Yes or No, would be most appreciated.

C_Carmichael
To put it quite simply, the T5 connie being denied by CBS is completely irrelevant to the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter. The tech *already* exists to lock certain skins, so they could easily put a T5 version in the fleet store without the connie skin if CBS wont allow that. If they refuse to do so they cant blame it on CBS this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Just like someone previously said, there is a certain group of folks on this forum that will start a flame war over not getting the Connie in with that retrofit.

I understand what you're saying about having no direct link, but there are others that already take it as some sort of personal insult that the Connie isn't T5, and this will only give them more fuel for the fire. I think Cryptic knows this, which is probably why they haven't answered so far, and will probably continue not answering.
Those people have been complaining for a very long time, and will continue to do so as long as there is no T5 connie(aka forever). However just because Cryptic cannot give those customers what they want is not a valid justification for *refusing* to give other costumers something they want and that they actually *could* give them.

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 07-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
# 16
07-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I wonder why pwebranflakes wont add this to his list of feedback?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,104
# 17
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Those people have been complaining for a very long time, and will continue to do so as long as there is no T5 connie(aka forever). However just because Cryptic cannot give those customers what they want is not a valid justification for *refusing* to give other costumers something they want and that they actually *could* give them.
But CBS refusing to allow the T5 Connie in any manner doesn't make sense. Would CBS honestly want to cut the profits a T5 Connie would give? Even if it's just the Exeter and whatnot?

That doesn't sound like the CBS I know.....

suspicious_face.jpg
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 378
# 18
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
But CBS refusing to allow the T5 Connie in any manner doesn't make sense. Would CBS honestly want to cut the profits a T5 Connie would give? Even if it's just the Exeter and whatnot?

That doesn't sound like the CBS I know.....

suspicious_face.jpg
It may not make sense, but like I said above:

Quote:
To put it quite simply, the T5 connie being denied by CBS is completely irrelevant to the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter. The tech *already* exists to lock certain skins, so they could easily put a T5 version in the fleet store without the connie skin if CBS wont allow that. If they refuse to do so they cant blame it on CBS this time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,432
# 19
07-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
But CBS refusing to allow the T5 Connie in any manner doesn't make sense. Would CBS honestly want to cut the profits a T5 Connie would give? Even if it's just the Exeter and whatnot?

That doesn't sound like the CBS I know.....

suspicious_face.jpg
We don't know that CBS would make MORE money, necessarily, or that they'd want to dillute the brand.

My feeling is that CBS sees this as the 2409 Star Trek MMO. We know it's not exclusive because of how Infinite Space was shaping up.

CBS may want to have a TOS MMO licensed to a second publisher, running concurrently with STO.

That is how Paramount tried to handle the 90s collectible card games. But they ran into the loophole that TOS characters who appeared on DS9 (including the Connie) were included with the DS9 license. So the CBS policy now might be to have one license for "all of Trek" (just to get past the loopholes) but also be shopping separate licensees for individual Trek licenses, such as Infinite Space as a DS9 MMO and someone else paying a separate fee for a TOS MMO.

If I were interested in licensing out a separate TOS MMO, I'd be gunning to keep TOS iconography in STO to a minimum, basically limited to the kinds of things we saw in TNG/Voyager/DS9. So you bundle it into the license because you know someone with the DS9 license can use TOS assets... But you shop a separate licensee for a TOS-only game. And you don't want to jeopardize that, so you keep STO focused on TNG and post-TNG stuff.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 509
# 20
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5raptor View Post
I wonder why pwebranflakes wont add this to his list of feedback?
I wonder why they just won't answer the question.

For crying out loud, we are big boys (and girls) and if the answer is no, then let's get on with it already, so the matter can be put to rest once and for all.

Definitive answer would be the best course of action in this case, rather than the suspicious silence.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 PM.