Banned
# 21
07-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
I wonder why they just won't answer the question.

For crying out loud, we are big boys (and girls) and if the answer is no, then let's get on with it already, so the matter can be put to rest once and for all.

Definitive answer would be the best course of action in this case, rather than the suspicious silence.
As I said previously though, they wont be able to blame a "no" answer on CBS this time because these ships arent connies. They *can* add these ships to the fleet store if they want. The question is simply whether they actually care that people want them or not.

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 07-11-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Those people have been complaining for a very long time, and will continue to do so as long as there is no T5 connie(aka forever). However just because Cryptic cannot give those customers what they want is not a valid justification for *refusing* to give other costumers something they want and that they actually *could* give them.
Like I pointed out before, I'm not saying if they should or shouldn't include it, I'm just pointing out why I think they aren't answering. I honestly can't remember the last time a dev touched on the Connie issue in any way on the forums, at least not since the days of WishStone. Few mentions in podcasts, but not here.

I think they're just avoiding the whole issue like the plague because of the hornet's nest it tends to stir up.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
# 23
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, CaptainGeko talked about the Constitution again

http://subspace-radio.net/menu-lates...s-captain-geko

Apparently it would be easier to get the approval to put the NX or Miranda at Tier 5 and maybe they will do that at some point as far as I understand. But somehow they don't want to give me my Excalibur/Exeter-kitbash.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Banned
# 24
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Well, CaptainGeko talked about the Constitution again

http://subspace-radio.net/menu-lates...s-captain-geko

Apparently it would be easier to get the approval to put the NX or Miranda at Tier 5 and maybe they will do that at some point as far as I understand. But somehow they don't want to give me my Excalibur/Exeter-kitbash.
Just so everyone is clear, they did not say *anything* about that.
Captain
# 25
07-11-2012, 03:55 PM
How is it that all these interviews can happen, with discussions about T5 Connies, and NO ONE thinks to ask about the other side of the coin? (Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter)

This is almost maddening.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Banned
# 26
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
How is it that all these interviews can happen, with discussions about T5 Connies, and NO ONE thinks to ask about the other side of the coin? (Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter)

This is almost maddening.
Believe it or not, this is a pretty new subject. Until we found out about the fleet store and all the low level ships getting T5 versions no one really ever thought that much about a T5 Excal/etc.
Captain
# 27
07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Mmmm, not that new. I can recall posting questions specifically about the Excal way back when in Ask Cryptic (that got ignored) and asked the guys at STOked to ask the question when they had ship designers on (never happened) and another recent interview was done where the T5 Connie was brought up, and once again, I was like "Why don't you ask a new question, such as "What about the Excalibur" instead of keep asking about the T5 Connie, which we all know has been a "NO" for well over a year (or longer).

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Banned
# 28
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Mmmm, not that new. I can recall posting questions specifically about the Excal way back when in Ask Cryptic (that got ignored) and asked the guys at STOked to ask the question when they had ship designers on (never happened) and another recent interview was done where the T5 Connie was brought up, and once again, I was like "Why don't you ask a new question, such as "What about the Excalibur" instead of keep asking about the T5 Connie, which we all know has been a "NO" for well over a year (or longer).
Sorry, I guess I missed all that. Either way though, it hasnt been something that very many people were talking about until now.
Ensign
# 29
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I would love to have a tier 5 (maybe +1) Exeter. It's a great looking ship, designed in the recent timeline, and it's gorgeous
Seriously, I can completely understand no tier 5 Connie, but the cryptic designs should not be a problem. I would love to see a fleet Exeter as a match for the fleet Vorcha.
Captain
# 30
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
That is how Paramount tried to handle the 90s collectible card games. But they ran into the loophole that TOS characters who appeared on DS9 (including the Connie) were included with the DS9 license. So the CBS policy now might be to have one license for "all of Trek" (just to get past the loopholes) but also be shopping separate licensees for individual Trek licenses, such as Infinite Space as a DS9 MMO and someone else paying a separate fee for a TOS MMO.

If I were interested in licensing out a separate TOS MMO, I'd be gunning to keep TOS iconography in STO to a minimum, basically limited to the kinds of things we saw in TNG/Voyager/DS9. So you bundle it into the license because you know someone with the DS9 license can use TOS assets... But you shop a separate licensee for a TOS-only game. And you don't want to jeopardize that, so you keep STO focused on TNG and post-TNG stuff.
Sounds needlessly complicated....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg