Ensign
# 1 How do you place a dead body?
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
In the Foundry mission that I am working on, I want there to be an objective in which a dead body must be examined. However, I can't figure out how to place a dead body. I don't see any dead body objects available for placement. I think there might be a way to place an NPC and set its animation to laying down dead, but then it would have to be a "talk to contact" objective instead of an "interact with object" objective. Help?

P.S. I apologize in advance if this sounds noobish, this is my first time using the foundry

Last edited by jolleus; 07-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-10-2012, 01:42 PM
place an NPC and use lie flat- front, everything else has like twitching and stuff
Ensign
# 3
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
place an NPC and use lie flat- front, everything else has like twitching and stuff
But if I do that, then I can't attach an "Interact with Object" objective to it--only a "Talk to Contact" objective. I want to do a tricorder scan on the body, not speak to the dead.
Rihannsu
# 4
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
You can place the NPC body, then put a tiny item in the same spot. Use interact with object on the tiny nearly invisible object instead of the actual body. Hmm... you could use a flat object laying under the body.
Ensign
# 5
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You can place the NPC body, then put a tiny item in the same spot. Use interact with object on the tiny nearly invisible object instead of the actual body. Hmm... you could use a flat object laying under the body.
Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks!
Rihannsu
# 6
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Hehe, I actually didn't think about it until AFTER rewriting a mission that called for dead bodies.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 7
07-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Just use the invisible object unless for some reason you need to have the interact in a very small radius.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Shot glass - 01 IS probably the most effective object for doing this. Its dimensions say its 1x1x1 but its 'presence' is far smaller then that, it will easily sit at surface level under a body.
Captain
# 9
07-19-2012, 08:23 AM
As long as we are on the subject of dead bodies I thought I would complain about there being only 1 model available--does this bother anyone else? Because it bugs the hell out of me. It would help greatly if the other lying down models could have their animations turned off or if there were simply a "dead" animation that would use the random ones activated briefly where a mob member is killed.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
yeah that would be nice. This is probably an unintentional oversight, check out the Devidian FEs if you want to see what Cryptic maps can have in the way of corpses.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.