Career Officer
I saw something quite odd on the Promenade at DS9 last night, that I thought I'd share with the community.

I was near Quark's, when I saw a brown jackal mastiff puppy appear (apparently out of the wall vent) by the Bajoran temple. There was nobody else near me, so it wasn't somebody's pet. It scampered across the Promenade toward Quark's, then disappeared inside. A few seconds later, it reappeared back where it started, and did the same thing.

After observing this a few times (and grabbing a few screenshots), I followed it into Quark's. Sure enough, it appeared inside briefly, then disappeared. It only showed up once, however. When I returned to the Promenade, it was gone.

Weird.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 2
07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
When people have pets active and switch instance, this happens.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 3
07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd seen that earlier today as well, but in my case it was the Horta pet that was visible.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I doubt too much effort was given to pet pathing. I can stand on top of one of the banners, summon a horta, the horta will fall to the ground and then JUMP back up to the second level and stand near me.

I've gotten pets to do weird things.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 5
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I saw a stray seh lat pup on the transporter pad on Qo'nos the other night.

Thought I was seeing things as nobody was in the room but me, and my pup was in the bank.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Community Moderator
# 6
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I saw a stray seh lat pup on the transporter pad on Qo'nos the other night.

Thought I was seeing things as nobody was in the room but me, and my pup was in the bank.
I blame the lack of sleep the Transporter Chief at the First City has; I mean that poor Klingon's forced to stand their all day and all night, probably day night dreaming of battle. I'm guessing the Chancellor isn't even aware, I've never seen him leave the Great Hall...
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
I blame the lack of sleep the Transporter Chief at the First City has; I mean that poor Klingon's forced to stand their all day and all night, probably day night dreaming of battle. I'm guessing the Chancellor isn't even aware, I've never seen him leave the Great Hall...
No, he's worried he'll end up like his predecessors: a pile of ash because he beamed me to the shipyard instead of the First City.... again.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.