Empire Veteran
# 1 Why not use in-game chat?
07-09-2012, 01:21 AM
It works, and you even get individual volume controls for each team member. Yet the only people I hear are those who don't have "Push To Talk" set to a key, and are blasting their background noise. Yes, you can mute individuals! Why does no one use this for chat? It's pretty handy!

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
because its useless

Half the people you are working with don't speak the same language
You often get someone shouting "THIS IS SPARRRRRRRRRTA" (which is incorrect and blasphemous)
or some complete idiot who shouts "Open fire ALL weapons" for no obvious reason
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-09-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't use it as it is painful to hear someone going through the early stages of puberty Besides the background voices are quite annoying too.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
The only time I use this at all is when im working with some close friends who have a language in common (which admittedly isn't english)
Even then we have comms discipline
its not "oh what is the health of your maternal parent??"
Career Officer
# 5
07-09-2012, 01:37 AM
ViVOX was too little too late...

It took them almost 2 years to introduce it, and by then most fleets (including my own) had already settled on different methods (such as skype, vent or team speak).

At my end, it's also horrible unstable. I can only hear every second word people say, and at times I can never hear people.

Then of cause there is the issues mentioned above, combined with the "squealers" out there and the people insisting on speaking german (I speak german... no problem), spanish (I admit i don't understand this language) or other languages dispite them being well aware that most do not... I am not saying they shouldn be allowed to speak their own language, I am just saying that so many diffrent languages make it near impossible to use it for effective communication.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 6
07-09-2012, 01:43 AM
ViVox also has horrible quality.. and I believe F2P still get ads that play..
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Then of cause there is the issues mentioned above, combined with the "squealers" out there and the people insisting on speaking german (I speak german... no problem), spanish (I admit i don't understand this language) or other languages dispite them being well aware that most do not... I am not saying they shouldn be allowed to speak their own language, I am just saying that so many diffrent languages make it near impossible to use it for effective communication.
Guess I should start to insist on speaking Finnish
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-09-2012, 01:55 AM
you have started so you will finnish??
(sorry VERY old joke)
Career Officer
# 9
07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Guess I should start to insist on speaking Finnish
I have no problem with that... But it does present a problem if you want to make proper co-ordination right?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 10
07-09-2012, 06:26 AM
It's bad enough in the elites to be chat spammed by some dumb *** who doesn't think I'm using my BO skills properly and feels the need to point it out every 30 seconds, having to listen to him voice this opinion might be enough for me to track down where he lives and beat him.