As we move closer to the launch of Season 6, the team and I wanted to give you all a heads up on some Foundry-related items. Please take note of these items and determine if any of your missions will be affected when Season 6 launches (there aren't many):
1) At the time Season 6 launches, the editing tool for the Foundry will be disabled as previous missions are republished -- we expect this editing downtime to last only a short while. Republishing will be an automatic process for almost all missions, but there are a few that will need to be manually updated before they can be republished. More on that in the following points.
2) It is no longer possible to use multiple maps inside a "Complete All". Note: Projects with this will go through the auto-republish, but the associated Unfinished Tasks must be resolved before an author can manually republish.*
3) We resolved an issue that incorrectly allowed "Whole Map" to be used as a valid "Leave From" selection on Cryptic maps. Note that it's still a valid selection for custom maps.*
4) A few projects have NPC Groups associated with "Kill" objectives that are not "Enemy" allegiance -- this is not working as intended and will now correctly result in an Unfinished Task.*
* The few authors who had these in one of their missions will need to update their projects and remove this before they can republish their mission.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 6 and beyond.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Is it intentional to disable the ability of Foundry chars to complete normal mission?
When Emani (my Tribble Foundry char, see avatar) tries to access contacts that would normally give missions to a KDF char, she typically gets a blank message window. Also the UI button for "Hail KDF" is usually greyed out. When using the hotkey (J) to pull up the window, I don't see any contacts listed to hail. Also Emani's "Beam out"/"Warp Out" button is permanently disabled for all maps, even Cryptic maps.
Tetin (my Holodeck Foundry char) can do all of the above, although the game tends to hang whenever a mission with a cutscene gets to the cut scene. The Cutscene never starts, and sometimes the mission can't be completed.
Anyways, I LOVE the UI improvements in Tribble Foundry. It'll be nice to see those in Holodeck Foundry.
Starting to inch over the thin spam line there Mike. If they haven't figured out by now you have a problem, then they/we have bigger problems.
Anyway, I'll be taking my missions down tonight, just in case S6 launches Thursday. I would rather not put my missions in the hands of Cryptic's autopublish. Mine were some of the ones affected by the season 4 autopublish bug - which was fixed, thanks - so I feel more comfortable if I do the publishing manually.
I'm going to be redoing all the dialogue to add titles and maybe even swap out for some of the new maps, so they'll all need republishing anyway.
p.s. This new forums doesn't recognize the m dash. What's up with that?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable "I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.