Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
... I'll be taking my missions down tonight, just in case S6 launches Thursday. ...
I assume you mean withdraw?

So far I don't know what effect (if any) this will have on my missions. But I am just using the old fashion /ugcEditorExportProject C:\script.txt to save everything.

At least my dialog and placement information should be safe that way. It really is too bad we can save the costumes...

Keeping my fingers crossed.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah I meant withdraw. Not going to be deleting anything I just don't trust the automatic republish software after Season 4. My missions along with many others lost dialogue and other things in the auto republish (that wasn't the only problem with the season 4 launch, but it was one of the big ones.) Granted, it was all fixed eventually, and I'm sure they learn from their mistakes. But I just want to err on the side of caution. I'll manually publish my missions Thursday evening/whenever I have them upgraded... assuming Thursday is launch day.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that what Zero said that there shouldn't be any problems.

But one thing I wish they listended to us regarding the new Editor with those small (or should I say tiny?) text boxes. And still wish they added that feature to allow you to prioritize objects so you can move them above one another. So a floor can stay a floor and walls isn't hidden by that newly placed floor.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Yeah I meant withdraw. Not going to be deleting anything I just don't trust the automatic republish software after Season 4. My missions along with many others lost dialogue and other things in the auto republish (that wasn't the only problem with the season 4 launch, but it was one of the big ones.) Granted, it was all fixed eventually, and I'm sure they learn from their mistakes. But I just want to err on the side of caution. I'll manually publish my missions Thursday evening/whenever I have them upgraded... assuming Thursday is launch day.
We have already done several full auto-republishes of all the Holodeck Foundry missions, as part of our validation to find issues like the ones uncovered by Season 4. That's how we're able to tell all of the authors the issues they're going to have when the auto-republishes occur with the Season 6 launch.

The main problem we ran into with Season 4 was that authors were in and editing stuff so we couldn't safely fix and roll back their projects; it was not because of the republishing. We're side-stepping that issue by not allowing access to the editor until the republishes are complete. This will allow authors to report any problems with their missions after they're republished, so that we are aware there is an issue we weren't expecting.

By withdrawing your projects, you're ensuring that if there is a problem with them, it won't be found until after our team thinks the coast is clear for editing, so to speak.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Hmm. Lots to think about.

I admit in Season 4 I was one of those authors who was in and editing as soon as I could (not knowing that bad things were going on). Though mostly I was just super excited to be able to set a custom height on an NPC, so I went through and adjusted the heights throughout all my missions and republished quickly.

Anyway, you're saying what we should do is instead of withdrawing and republishing we need to wait out the Foundry downtime then go through and examine very closely all of our missions and report if there are problems. Can we assume that you will be watching the Foundry bug report forum very closely on patch day? I know I speak for most of the authors that we all hope very much that there are no issues... but in that unhappy event we hope you are watching for reports so you can respond quickly.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Hmm. Lots to think about.

I admit in Season 4 I was one of those authors who was in and editing as soon as I could (not knowing that bad things were going on). Though mostly I was just super excited to be able to set a custom height on an NPC, so I went through and adjusted the heights throughout all my missions and republished quickly.

Anyway, you're saying what we should do is instead of withdrawing and republishing we need to wait out the Foundry downtime then go through and examine very closely all of our missions and report if there are problems. Can we assume that you will be watching the Foundry bug report forum very closely on patch day? I know I speak for most of the authors that we all hope very much that there are no issues... but in that unhappy event we hope you are watching for reports so you can respond quickly.
We will be watching the Foundry forums VERY closely. Nobody wants a repeat of what happened when we launched Season 4.

Your allowing your mission to auto-republish and then reporting any issues to us would be very helpful, and we'd definitely appreciate your taking that tack.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Cant we just leave the foundry as it is and just add the new props etc?
Commander
# 18
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I'm sure they could but then nobody in STO would ever get to take advantage of any of the Neverwinter advancements and frankly some of the stuff like designing our own floor plan in interiors is sounding really nice.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Nope. The tech required to add new stuff was changed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Waiting...with anxiety and trepidation...but waiting patiently none-the less. I don't think any of those issues affect any of my missions, but I guess i'll find out.

I hope this is painless.
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!