Survivor of Romulus
# 21
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani2 View Post
I'm sure they could but then nobody in STO would ever get to take advantage of any of the Neverwinter advancements and frankly some of the stuff like designing our own floor plan in interiors is sounding really nice.
Yes, as I understand it these changes are bringing us closer to a point where they can do a full code merge with Neverwinter once it is released.
Quote:
We will be watching the Foundry forums VERY closely. Nobody wants a repeat of what happened when we launched Season 4.

Your allowing your mission to auto-republish and then reporting any issues to us would be very helpful, and we'd definitely appreciate your taking that tack.
Ok Zero, putting my trust in you and leaving my missions up.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Nope. The tech required to add new stuff was changed.
then don't screw it up please

Dont want to lose my stuff :O
Rihannsu
# 23
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be watching the Foundry forums VERY closely. Nobody wants a repeat of what happened when we launched Season 4.

Your allowing your mission to auto-republish and then reporting any issues to us would be very helpful, and we'd definitely appreciate your taking that tack.
I've seen some of the results of that. I went in the Tribble foundry and played some older missions that were written prior to the Season 6 test started. One of them was unplayable due to the spawn point placing the player underneath the map. It's not a severe issue, but it is a problem that would need correcting. However, the other one had no significant issues, and was playable as is even though it hadn't been republished since (nov?) last year.

Are we going to be able to test Foundry missions with chars that aren't NewBs? Trying to write a mission for VA level play when using a level 1 char doesn't work very well. I get that Foundry Chars aren't "real" chars and are not meant to be played the same way as normal characters. However, it's hard to get a good idea as to how well balanced a mission is if your character has standard issue junk for equipment and no bridge crew.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 24
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Are we going to be able to test Foundry missions with chars that aren't NewBs? Trying to write a mission for VA level play when using a level 1 char doesn't work very well. I get that Foundry Chars aren't "real" chars and are not meant to be played the same way as normal characters. However, it's hard to get a good idea as to how well balanced a mission is if your character has standard issue junk for equipment and no bridge crew.
That would be an awesome feature and I totally support it.

That said, it is possible to rank up a Foundry character relatively fast. Just go to one of the True Way/Terran Empire DSEs and "Kill Target" your way up to VA. It's tedious, but it works.
Rihannsu
# 25
07-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh I leveled my Holodeck foundry char all the way up to 43. Once I got to a high enough level I had her start doing Doff missions. It takes twice as long to level a Foundry char as it does to level a "real" character.

I've also done that "kill target" trick in Borg space. (you get better loot)

One proposal I've been pondering is to allow players to use "real" characters when previewing missions. Not copies of real chars, but their ACTUAL Holodeck characters. To prevent abuse you could make it so that "Preview mode" prevents item drops and keeps characters from gaining XP.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Wait, how do we do that? only time i have been able to play with my foundry character is when im working on a mission
Rihannsu
# 27
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Go to the story tab, click on "play mission from starting point", then instead of starting the mission, go do something else. The Entrance door too your mission determines where you spawn when doing this.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Ok, so where exactly ARE we then when this is done? Holodeck? Tribble? Just kind of curious here.
Rihannsu
# 29
07-12-2012, 07:25 AM
After you click "Play mission from Start"? You spawn in a private instance of whatever map it is. If you were editing on the Holodeck foundry then the private instance is on the Holodeck server. The same goes for Tribble.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 30
07-12-2012, 12:32 PM
This is my first and only time I will confide in the possibility of S6 released this week. I don't think it is going to or should happen now after playing the Tribble Build. That said...

Bran, test through whatever mission you plan on spotlighting post release to make sure it works at intended after launch. Giving PR to a mission that is broke, would be a tragedy.

If it does launch tomorrow I will post here in the Discussion Forums a post about the changes that pop up to pre-S6 Published Missions.