Career Officer
# 101
07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Well im not going to speculate much more than this, after a tribble test weekend happens that comes with some award, usually they release the content on holodeck.

Other than that until i see patch notes, im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.
Livestream | STOkedradio.net
Facebook | STOked Radio
Youtube | STOked Radio
Twitter | @STOkedRadio
Career Officer
# 102
07-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustachemav View Post
... im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.
Well, you should rile them up to at least FARM FARM FARM and GRIND GRIND GRIND in the next 24 hours. Your fleet may have amassed plenty of starbase-construction resources on Holodeck for now, but I bet those will be tapped quickly once the first few fleet starbase projects are started.

I suspect that is the reason for some of the long completion times of starbase construction projects: to give the fleet time to farm and grind for future or concurrent projects.

To paraphrase a U.S. politician:

Grind, baby, grind!

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Captain
# 103
07-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyxmas1 View Post
Well, you should rile them up to at least FARM FARM FARM and GRIND GRIND GRIND in the next 24 hours. Your fleet may have amassed plenty of starbase-construction resources on Holodeck for now, but I bet those will be tapped quickly once the first few fleet starbase projects are started.
Either that or you've picked the wrong ones to stockpile.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Empire Veteran
# 104
07-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustachemav View Post
Well im not going to speculate much more than this, after a tribble test weekend happens that comes with some award, usually they release the content on holodeck.

Other than that until i see patch notes, im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.
Season 6 launching or not launching ... The Alliance Central Command is ready as are the fleets of the United Fleet Coalition.

If it launches tomorrow ... we begin tomorrow.

If not ... ::: shrugs ::: ... we wait.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 105
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Maybe they're tryin' to pull a "Scotty" or an "O'Brien".

Say it'll be down for 7 hours, but, when it comes back up in 2, they look like miracle workers.
Career Officer
# 106
07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Season 6 launching or not launching ... The Alliance Central Command is ready as are the fleets of the United Fleet Coalition.
So, have fleets significantly ramped up their recruiting and/or advertising in view of the Fleet Starbases in Season 6?

(Maybe this post of my belongs in a different sub-forum like Starbase One. I'll post there too)

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Captain
# 107
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
So, have fleets significantly ramped up their recruiting and/or advertising in view of the Fleet Starbases in Season 6?
Heck yes. Five minutes at ESD and I saw about 2-3 dozen requests go by.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Survivor of Romulus
# 108
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanforever365 View Post
Maybe they're tryin' to pull a "Scotty" or an "O'Brien".

Say it'll be down for 7 hours, but, when it comes back up in 2, they look like miracle workers.
lol

im givin her all shes got captin
Empire Veteran
# 109
07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:

(Maybe this post of my belongs in a different sub-forum like Starbase One. I'll post there too)
Cannot speak for other fleets, but honestly ... We are thinking that Mega fleets are gonna have more headaches than active smaller to mid-sized fleets.

And the group I'm with has settled into the sweet spot where we're happy.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 110
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Cannot speak for other fleets, but honestly ... We are thinking that Mega fleets are gonna have more headaches than active smaller to mid-sized fleets.

And the group I'm with has settled into the sweet spot where we're happy.
Agreed.

I'd like to get our small fleet up to 10 actives. If we get too big, we lose the nice closeness of a small fleet. And fewer fleet credits per person to boot. That's not good for keeping fleet members, I think.

Where big fleets will excel I think is at the higher tiers. If speed is more important, more people = more potential resources = faster project starts (the point where the projects gets everything and has 20 hours to complete).
Closed Thread