Community Moderator
# 211
07-12-2012, 04:46 AM
The thing that amazes me most with Cryptic is the ability of the EP to answer 'as far as I'm aware' or 'I'm not sure' on so much ;-)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Commander
That's like all day for me?
Or am I mistaken from what the news says?
Captain
# 213
07-12-2012, 04:51 AM
it will be down for 7 hours, yes.
Career Officer
# 214
07-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Eitherway, I am not particularly looking forward to the mass of threads that will appear as soon as the downtime begins; the usual rubbish that you get when STO is offline for two hours, made five times worse.

So little doubt that we can expect numerous threads in the coming hours, posted by the ignorant and inattentive - many of whom don't usually bother with the forums, complaining about:

Length of time it'll take for the patch to download
Speed of patch download
Length of time game offline
Game speed (once patch applied/downloaded)

And lots of speculation (since the issue isn't entirely clear) as to whether the season six patch will be implemented in the downtime.
No apologies for quoting one of my own posts.....

Guessing that the in-game notifcations regarding downtime may have started, since the type of thread that I described have begun appearing.
Career Officer
# 215
07-12-2012, 04:57 AM
[Sarcasm]No, it's just a rumor and Cryptic/the Dev's posted various news items, and in-game messages, pertaining to the sever downtime just for the fun of it[/sarcasm]
Lt. Commander
# 216
07-12-2012, 04:59 AM
99% sure that it is Season 6 release.
Career Officer
# 217
07-12-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
99% sure that it is Season 6 release.
Possibly, but you should be 49% sure, not 99%.

Here is what has been said regarding this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Tomorrow's release is a big timed integration update that requires multiple teams across Cryptic Studios and Perfect World to be in synch. We all have to release simultaneously in order for the integration between account services and billing to update properly. This is the reason for the extended downtime and why CO, STO, and some parts of the PW and Cryptic Web teams are involved. As some have deduced, it may also mean the release of Season 6, but we have not announced anything as of yet. We realize there are still a few reported bugs from Tribble. The team is working pretty much around the clock addressing issues as quickly as possible. If you see an announcement or release notes that Season 6 is being put on Holodeck tomorrow, then you can expect several updates over the next week to address any remaining or newly found issues. We appreciate all of the testing we've had on TRIBBLE over the last 6 weeks. The entire STO team is focused on addressing both reported bugs as well as individual feedback. Thank you for your patience.
Career Officer
# 218
07-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
That's like all day for me?
Or am I mistaken from what the news says?
That's what the news says.

Champions Online will be down too! I may have to actually go outside or something.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Career Officer
# 219
07-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
That's what the news says.

Champions Online will be down too! I may have to actually go outside or something.
Go outside? Nooo - don't do that; it's overrated!
Captain
# 220
07-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Hands up if you've ever been involved in a major update to an e-commerce service?

A lot of the time you may be planning to do something at a certain time... but unforeseen circumstances are all too common. Stahl just doesn't want to commit to a release date/time that might not be guaranteed. It's not incompetence, it's caution.
Closed Thread