Rihannsu
# 311
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I am flat out asking, most of the posts speculate on it, I want to know what the community thinks, me personally I think it is coming today! I see a lot of posts that it mentioned but the main point of those threads are not about season despite the fact the forum members are making it about it so hence the reason for this thread.
Career Officer
# 312
07-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks for linking that timezone clock in the post, it takes out the guess work!
Republic Veteran
# 313
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Did Champions have a 3.5GB pre-patch?

If they did, then this is not Season Six.

If they didn't, then this is probably Season Six.

Why? If they also pre-patched, then they got the same Zen update we did which means Season 6 is not on the roster. If they didn't pre-patch, then the Zen update is in addition to whatever we patched (most likely Season Six).
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 314
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think it's S6, I think this just an update on their end to prepare the servers for S6. Although, it would be sweet if I was wrong!
Career Officer
# 315
07-12-2012, 08:51 AM
This all sounds exactly like...

"...She Loves Me..., She Loves Me Not..."

<Rinse & Repeat>

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.95 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 07-12-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 316
07-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
in otherwords, it may be. Or it may not be.
Schrodinger's Release Notes?
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None

Last edited by podsix; 07-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Ensign
# 317
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post

Why? If they also pre-patched, then they got the same Zen update we did which means Season 6 is not on the roster. If they didn't pre-patch, then the Zen update is in addition to whatever we patched (most likely Season Six).

You know good sir, that be interesting to find out does anyone play CO ( I do but not regularly and not at all in the last month so even if they had prepatch i would't know)

Edit" Had just poped over the the CO website and its calling for their servers to be down for 7 hours as well so am assuming its not Season 6
Rihannsu
# 318
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Well they took tribble offline last night around 9pm pst so maybe they did that to get all the last minute data and yes I am hoping and speculating but maybe they took what they needed too from tribble to launch it today, now I could be wrong but 50% of me is hoping. With Stahl's twisted teaser and with the Associate Producer saying on a PriorityOne Podcast that it is coming real soon maybe its today.

Sadly I have to work at 1pm pst but I will be glued to the forums to see what you all say happens!
Career Officer
# 319
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:

On the other hand, Champs DOES have a set of new veteran rewards, costumes, and Design-a-villan Alerts being released with today's patch. So whether they pre-patched or not may not be an adequate indication.

I think it's clear that the pre-patching stuff was Season 6 related, but Cryptic doesn't HAVE to turn on Season 6 yet. I'm sure they'll consider it if it looks viable, but the primary purpose for this downtime is the huge inter-office zen conversion. Champs is getting some goodies released today, so it's certainly POSSIBLE that we'll get S6 too.. but if something goes haywire, I wouldn't blame them for holding back S6 til a time that isn't "right before a weekend".
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None

Last edited by podsix; 07-12-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 320
07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:

I dont know if champs had any pre patch or not, but the 3.5gb is because of season 6 as its quite large.

when we pre patch from playing on tribble, it copies over what is on tribble to the main sto folder. we have already downloaded over 3GB on tribble.

that patch would have nothing to do with co at all. they would have their own unique patch for their own unique store items. co players would not even need a 3.5gb patch just for zen anyway. that would only need to be a few MB or so. unless they have a sizeable game update due today as well they probably wont even need to prepatch anything.

the patch itself is season 6 without a doubt, whether they turn it on or not is dependant on what ever factors they have to deal with as dstahl mentioned.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Closed Thread