Career Officer
# 1 New Space Station Request
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
In order to avoid a massive spoiler, I will make my request slightly vague:

What are the chances of getting the station from Star Trek Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn added to the game? I realize it is not canon, and it can't be added in directly to the game (for those of you who have read it, you know why), but perhaps another station built of its same type? Say Deep Space 12 or something, maybe even place it in the Borg sector at the terminus of the Transwarp Corridor? It just sounds cool: three rings at right angles to each other connected to a spherical core via half a dozen crossover bridges.

Thoughts?
Commander
# 2
07-11-2012, 05:36 AM
How can 3 rings be geometrically calculated to be 90 degrees from each other?
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
before saying yay or nay, i'd need to see a picture of it.... cause your description honestly makes me think something hideous...
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 4
07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
How can 3 rings be geometrically calculated to be 90 degrees from each other?
x - y - z axis?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
07-11-2012, 09:05 AM
3 rings at 90 angles to each other? Doesn't seem that hard. . .

I know nothing of this station. The description doesn't sound particularly intriguing to me, but who knows. . .
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Captain
# 6
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I know nothing of this station. The description doesn't sound particularly intriguing to me, but who knows. . .
You would think that they would have stuck it on the book cover but I don;t see any rings on that station.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 7
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbosco2 View Post
three rings at right angles to each other connected to a spherical core via half a dozen crossover bridges.
You think THIS is cool?
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbosco2 View Post
In order to avoid a massive spoiler, I will make my request slightly vague:

What are the chances of getting the station from Star Trek Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn added to the game? I realize it is not canon, and it can't be added in directly to the game (for those of you who have read it, you know why), but perhaps another station built of its same type? Say Deep Space 12 or something, maybe even place it in the Borg sector at the terminus of the Transwarp Corridor? It just sounds cool: three rings at right angles to each other connected to a spherical core via half a dozen crossover bridges.

Thoughts?
You mean the same style as the stations that are canon around the fleet yards over Mars. (Same style)

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
3 rings at 90 angles to each other? Doesn't seem that hard. . .

Here it is ... http://www.startrek.com/uploads/asse...hoon-pack1.png

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
That's Utopia Planitia Station (or some variant of it), and looks nothing like what was described. . . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
You think THIS is cool?

This matches the mental image the original description conjured. While I'm sure things could be done to make it cooler, the overall shapes aren't terribly interesting to me.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!