Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,375
# 11
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
Consoles:
Tac: 4x Antiproton Magsi would change to 1 quatum chamber 3x antiproton mags
Science: 2x field generators
Eng: Borg/Point Defense/Electroceramic (Plasma/Tetryon)-change to borg point defense and kinetic/energy(neuro?)
I used to run 3 Energy and 1 Torpedo, I can't for the life of me remember the numbers but I changed to 4 Energy for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
Cmdr Tac: Tac Team 1, High Yield 2, Rapid Fire 2, Omega 3suggest rapid fire switched to torpedo spread 3 and rapid fire to volley for torpedo defense
Leiu Tac: High Yield 1, Rapid Fire 1
Ens Tac: Tac Team 1
I disagree here, while the High Yield is good, he's going to get more useful DPS more consistently with Rapid Fire 2 than High Yield 3 (Both Occupy the same slot), but I do think he should add scatter, don't forget he has the PDS for torpedo defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
Active Space Officers:
3x Projectile Weapons Officer (20% chance reduce cooldown by 5s)drop 1 for conn officer to reduce tac team/buff it
Adding a Conn Officer to reduce the cooldown of Tac Team is pointless, he already has two Tac Teams and is running maximum uptime. Reducing the cooldown below 30s is utterly pointless on an Escort as you have two copies and on use it creates a 15s cooldown on all three team abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
The reason I'm tying 3 DOffs to a single ability when only using one tube, is because this is how it's most effective. With these three doffs I found that most of the time I could launch 1 photon torpedo every second, with quantums it's a little bit less but still insane. Really helps my DPS.

I know most people hate things that work in sector space, but I find transwarp cooldown is essential for my, because although the main flying and shooting I do is in space, I'm a prolific DOffer. I need this for when I'm on my tuffli TWing around to the star clusters to pick up new shiny purple doffs
As I said Torpedoes aren't as much as your DPS as you think, and those 3 DOFFs could be doing so much more for you more consistantly.

But with the Transwarp, I swap that guy in for DOFFing and Out when I'm done, While Driver Coils skill points are for ever DOFFs are for how long you need them. Changing BOFFs & DOFFs is something you should be doing just before you go into a mission. I run two different Escorts, built slightly differently, while the game remembers my BOFF loadout for each ship I do need to change out a DOFF or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
What's your beef against DHCs? I love them, sexy weapons
I prefer the superior burst of DHC's, some prefer the Superior Proc rate of DC's. If your running a Tetryon or Polaron build DC's are far better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
P.S These are still 2.5m EC. I normally pay way less than that for any purples I need, so I'm stubbornly thinking about it. I can see how it would be useful, but wow! 2.5m for a blue? That's an outrage!
2.5 vs 50 I know what I'd rather pay. They are new and therefore expensive as people get them the price will drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r37 View Post
Alpha dose not share a cool down with Beta. Omega, Delta & Beta however cause a 15 second cooldown between one another. Omega will give you better survivability, Beta gives you and your team better damage.

I like EPS1&2+AuxSif2 + 2x Neutronium +1 Monotanium for survivability. Throw in shield distrabution doffs & that's about all you can do. RSP is a nice ability, but the cool down is far too long to count on it. You may as well just use doffs to make brace for impact a replacement for it. Use aux or shield bats as needed.
Your Right Alpha does not share a cooldown with anything, but he's made his choice with Omega, He also has Fire on my Mark and Tactical Fleet which both improve team damage better than Beta does.

As for 2 Neutronium & 1 Monotanium, I don't think you get very much out of the Monotanium because Neutronium is 18% (x2 = 36%) and the Monotanium stacks badly after the first 35% resistance. I may not have the math on hand but I know the best builds consider Borg & 2 Neutronium standard for Escort Engineering.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,456
# 12
07-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
As I said Torpedoes aren't as much as your DPS as you think, and those 3 DOFFs could be doing so much more for you more consistantly.

But with the Transwarp, I swap that guy in for DOFFing and Out when I'm done, While Driver Coils skill points are for ever DOFFs are for how long you need them. Changing BOFFs & DOFFs is something you should be doing just before you go into a mission. I run two different Escorts, built slightly differently, while the game remembers my BOFF loadout for each ship I do need to change out a DOFF or two.
You're very right, I should stop being such a lazy b*****d and swap him in/out as I need him. Great post though, thanks for the analysis.

I think now I've pretty much gotten my BOff layout and console layout down, and just need to work on my active space DOffs.

Thanks again for all the help
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 34
# 13
07-12-2012, 07:32 AM
I'd recommend changing up the following:

ENG: EPTA1,Auxiliary-Power-To-Structural-Integrity-1, EPTS-3

SCI: Hazard-Emitters 1 (fine), but I'd go with Transfer-Shield-Strength-2 over Science Team 2.

Reasons being: Emergency-Power-To-Auxiliary will improve the effectiveness of APTSI-1 and TSS-2, as well as Hazard Emitters (you could also pop an Aux-Battery), however be sure to use EPTA-1 BEFORE using the previously mentioned abilities.

The cool-down on RSP is just to long to keep imo, not when there are other better options, it fine on a ship that has more ENG slots to work with but when you only have 3 best to make every ability as useful as possible.

APTSI-1 is nice because it has a very short CD and give you a passive buff for a bit, on top of healing your hull. And TSS is great for a shield HOT, and is cool-down isn't to bad either. EPTS-3 though is a must if you can get it, gives a nice boost to your shields and the damage resistance buff it gives you is very nice. Plus all that extra shield power for its duration coupled with TSS will help your shields regen quickly.

Also the reason I took away the ENG and SCIENCE Teams abilities is because your far better off not having them there to interfere with your TAC Teams, which when use used right are amazing for making maximum use of your shields, sense using a TAC team AUTO re-adjusts your shields to whatever facing/facings need it.

Hope that was helpful.

Last edited by dylanggct; 07-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
# 14
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Ever since I started flying my HEC I find that I have no desire to fly anything else, lol. This is the loadout I am currently using:

Front: 3 DHC (disruptors, I like the look and sound of them), 1 quantum torp
Rear: 3 Turrets (Disruptors, of course)

Full MACO set (sometimes switch it out for borg, but I like the faster speed the MACO engines give while in slipstream drive)

Eng consoles: Kinetic resist Mk XII VR, plasma resist MK XI R, Borg console.

Sci consoles: +18% shield cap, TPDS (torp point defense system, not sure of the standard abbreviation.)

Tac consoles: 3 Disruptor coils Mk XII R, quantum console Mk XII VR (got lucky and found that one for cheap)

BOFFs:
Cmdr Tac: Tac team 1, CSV 1, Torp Spread 3, CSV 3
Lt Tac: Torp spread 1, CRF 1
Ensign Tac: Tac team 1
Lt Cmdr Eng: EPtS 1, EPtS 2, RSP 2
Lt Sci: Hazzard Emitters 1, Polarize Hull 2

DOFF: 3 Shield Distribution Officers (purples), Warp core engineer (purple)

for my 5th DOFF I have been playing around with the Exocomp (for the bonus to my weapon Battery), a cannon energy weapon officer and the flight deck officer that is supposed to reduce the time to spawn pets. I have even tried a couple others, I have not quite decided on which is the most effective here.

I like running with a heavy AOE build, but I do have the officers to switch to a single target build if needed (basicly switch the CSV 3 to CRF 3, both torp spreads to HY.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,375
# 15
07-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickdoff View Post
Lt Sci: Hazzard Emitters 1, Polarize Hull 2
I think you'd get better performance from PH1 & HE2, basically swapping what you have now. PH is for escaping Tractor Beams right? Well it does the job just as well at Rank 1. Where as you get more Heals out of HE2 over HE1.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.