Captain
# 1 Missions With Your Old Ships
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
We have mission where we have to use our shuttlecrafts and fighters, but we don't have missions that requiring us to use our old, lower tier ships. A lot of our other ships are just collecting dust and some of us would like to use them or see them in action. It would not make since for us to try to use them in VA PVP or STF's because they have low hull strength and weaker shields, but Maybe they can come up with a tier level PVP were players can fight eachother using the approptiate tier level ship. For example, having the TOS Constitution fighting the old D7 Battlecruisers, or the Constitution fighting the B'rel Class Bird of Prey. I think there could be some episodes or dailies that could be made for us to use the old Constitution Class, or Excelsior, etc. What do you guys think?
Captain
# 2
07-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
What do you guys think?
It was rumored that old ships were supposed to be used as part of Season 6. Not sure where that stands now.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
It was rumored that old ships were supposed to be used as part of Season 6. Not sure where that stands now.
Well, it's old ships retrofitted up to tier 5. Not really the same, and leaves a lot of holes (no tier 1 ships, and holes in tiers 2-3 all over the place).
Captain
# 4
07-07-2012, 11:22 PM
That doesn't fit or make since. I'm not asking you to make Constitution keep up the Galaxy Class or Oddyssey. Trying to make the Constituion a tier 5 would be like using the old warships of the 1700 to keep up with todays ships. That's not possible. I'm just looking for missions to use them in, just like we use shuttles.
Ensign
# 5
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
In the future, I would like to see story driven content that would force us to use lower tier ships...
Or just story driven content.
Captain
# 6
07-08-2012, 05:53 AM
This would be a great idea. Use some kind of "Time Warp" story , PVP, or a type game play. Where only certain older ships can be used like the Connie, D7, etc. This would really be sweet. I'm all for it.
Career Officer
# 7
07-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
Use some kind of "Time Warp" story , PVP, or a type game play. Where only certain older ships can be used like the Connie, D7, etc. This would really be sweet. I'm all for it.
Agreed..a PvP or game play type..add a retro nite to the activity calender..
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
That doesn't fit or make since. I'm not asking you to make Constitution keep up the Galaxy Class or Oddyssey. Trying to make the Constituion a tier 5 would be like using the old warships of the 1700 to keep up with todays ships. That's not possible. I'm just looking for missions to use them in, just like we use shuttles.
Not really. It's more like using a Vietnam-era warship in the modern military. The 1701 and the 1701-D use the same type of power generation, the same construction materials, and the same weapons. For that matter the NX-01 is only of the set on weapons.

Of particular interest is the hull material: Like certain real-world ceramics, it's strength can be increased immensely by passing stronger energy fields through it. Its strength isn't in its metallurgical properties, but in how much power you can run through it to hold it together. The Enterprise-D would sag under its own weight, and its engines would plow through the frame if not for those energy fields, and Voyager took stresses a thousand times ones that nearly destroyed the Enterprise-D, supposedly on its improved integrity fields.

Last edited by hevach; 07-08-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Captain
# 9
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mforce76 View Post
Agreed..a PvP or game play type..add a retro nite to the activity calender..
This is what exactly I was thinking of.
Captain
# 10
07-08-2012, 08:12 AM
The trouble with this is that many players dismiss their old ships as soon as they upgrade to a new class.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q