Career Officer
# 11
07-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
D'Kyr Science Vessel...been a long time since I saw one

Tellarite
Pakled
Lets see they made tellerites look like Dwarves. So when you see one run by you half expect him to yell some obscenity about elves.

and who in their right mind wants to play a race who says things like "we look for things. Things ta make us go." i mean these are the forest gump of space faring races and at least he was good natured.
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Pretty much any of the "ugly" races, as everyone wants to be pretty it seems. Also, whoever said Orion males was absolutely right; I've never seen one, and it's a shame because (like the females) the males get slightly more outfit options than other KDF races.

My next KDF will probably be an Orion male, but at the same time, I hate to give up the awesome customization offered by choosing Alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
there are surprisingly few Andorians I've found, you don't often see them.
I see them often enough to not count them out, but yeah, there could be more. It's a shame too, because I think their antennas are adorable.

Last edited by aesica; 07-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I am surprised, too.
I thought I saw more of them more often when I first started playing. It's like they've all retired.

Mine is my first character, and she still rocks.

I miss seeing Nebulas. I actually have seen Intrepids (retrofits) and a D'Kyr the other day.
And my own Marauder FDC is typically the only time I see that class floatin' about.

I can't be certain, but I don't think I've ever run into a Lethean or Rigelian captain.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-11-2012, 11:04 PM
You can spot Lethans in QnoS and dorzana and they are usually at lower level of the career.
One factor of not so much diversity is, as someone wrote before, player want to look pretty in the game
Rihannsu
# 15
07-12-2012, 07:00 AM
yeah, I don't see too many Nebulas around, but I love playing them.

The only guy I know who plays a Gorn has multiple characters. As someone said, people with only one character tend to choose a character that they like the look of.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Orion males aren't that uncommon, the ones I see are typically shirtless.

I think I saw my first Saurian PC yesterday and a Tellarite today. Not sure if I've ever seen a Rigellan or Pakled.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Career Officer
# 17
07-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrayvenwing View Post
Lets see they made tellerites look like Dwarves. So when you see one run by you half expect him to yell some obscenity about elves.

and who in their right mind wants to play a race who says things like "we look for things. Things ta make us go." i mean these are the forest gump of space faring races and at least he was good natured.
Yeah, I'm not convinced anyone has ever played Pakled. They were memorable, but not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
You can spot Lethans in QnoS and dorzana and they are usually at lower level of the career.
One factor of not so much diversity is, as someone wrote before, player want to look pretty in the game
It sounds like the consensus is that there are few Letheans because they aren't pretty?
Whatever. My pretty Bajoran fed captain would totally do some unconscionable things with my hot Lethean captain.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-12-2012, 07:34 AM
One thing that's just occured to me is that, apart from the obvious reasons for female over male orions, females have the more useful trait when you compare seductive vs physical strength.

Join the STFHelp channel
Rihannsu
# 19
07-12-2012, 07:41 AM
True, but seductive only works on MALE NPCs. It has no good effect on female NPCs or OC.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
As far as I'm aware, seductive reduces threat gen regardless of what gender you're shooting at.

Join the STFHelp channel