Republic Veteran
- EDC, Rare Salvage and Prototype Borg Salvage converted to 1 currency, Prototype Borg Salvage.
- Tech remains the same.
- Optional loot mechanism changed to reward the players Individually at the end of the STF instead of rewarding shovelware to the Team.
- Calendar Events increases %chance drop rate for Tech instead of rewarding Salvage (EDC).
- No longer entirely at the mercy of the RNG.
- The grind is preserved, but the carrot is kept dangling on the rod at all times, with a tangible goal always in sight. Even if you never see a single piece of tech drop, you will eventually be able to buy the items you want.

Borg STFs - Normal
- 1 Prototype Borg salvage (+1 for Optional Completion)
- %chance of 1 Rare Borg (Type) tech (%chance increased during calendar event, %chance increased for optional completion)

Borg STFs - Elite
- 2 Prototype Borg salvage (+2 for Optional Completion)
- %chance of 1 Prototype Borg (Type) tech (%chance increased during calendar event, %chance increased for optional completion)

STF Shop
Standard Issue: 1 Prototype Borg salvage for 1 Standard Issue/DOff/Assimilated Technology
MK X: 10 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Uncommon Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard
MK XI: 30 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Rare Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard
MK XII: 90 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Prototype Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard

Some numbers (Note: Set = 3 pieces)

MK X
- 30 normal STF runs without optional for a set
- 15 normal STF runs with optional for a set
- 15 Elite STF runs without optional for a set
- 8 Elite STF runs with optional for a set

MK XI
- 90 normal STF runs without optional for a set
- 45 normal STF runs with optional for a set
- 45 Elite STF runs without optional for a set
- 23 Elite STF runs with optional for a set

MK XII
- 270 normal STF runs without optional for a set
- 135 normal STF runs with optional for a set
- 135 Elite STF runs without optional for a set
- 68 Elite STF runs with optional for a set
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-11-2012, 06:24 AM
I think 270 runs for a mkXII set is a bit high. Never takes me more than 100 to get that with the current system.

Apart from that, good idea.
Career Officer
# 3
07-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Would be nice if a few purple consoles could be put in the Borg shop too.

Wishful thinking, but....
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I think 270 runs for a mkXII set is a bit high. Never takes me more than 100 to get that with the current system.

It's 270 Normal mode without completing optional though, should it really be less in contrast of Normal + Opt and Elite with/without Opt being significantly less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Would be nice if a few purple consoles could be put in the Borg shop too.

Wishful thinking, but....
I think that's best left for the upcoming crafting revamp. Keep the STFs about STF related items. Unless you meant borg specific consoles, that could be an interesting thought though not sure what they would do (Increased Resists vs Borg only on armor consoles?).
Captain
# 5
07-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post

I've done over 270 and still not managed a full MK XII set.

I'd be much more inclined to run the STF's on the reg with a guaranteed pay off after a certain amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-11-2012, 03:03 PM
done alot of em not sure how many and the most I got is a few proto salvage no techs ....
Captain
# 7
07-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
- EDC, Rare Salvage and Prototype Borg Salvage converted to 1 currency, Prototype Borg Salvage.
- Tech remains the same.
- Optional loot mechanism changed to reward the players Individually at the end of the STF instead of rewarding shovelware to the Team.
- Calendar Events increases %chance drop rate for Tech instead of rewarding Salvage (EDC).
- No longer entirely at the mercy of the RNG.
- The grind is preserved, but the carrot is kept dangling on the rod at all times, with a tangible goal always in sight. Even if you never see a single piece of tech drop, you will eventually be able to buy the items you want.

Borg STFs - Normal
- 1 Prototype Borg salvage (+1 for Optional Completion)
- %chance of 1 Rare Borg (Type) tech (%chance increased during calendar event, %chance increased for optional completion)

Borg STFs - Elite
- 2 Prototype Borg salvage (+2 for Optional Completion)
- %chance of 1 Prototype Borg (Type) tech (%chance increased during calendar event, %chance increased for optional completion)

STF Shop
Standard Issue: 1 Prototype Borg salvage for 1 Standard Issue/DOff/Assimilated Technology
MK X: 10 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Uncommon Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard
MK XI: 30 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Rare Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard
MK XII: 90 Prototype Borg salvage or 1 Prototype Borg (Type) tech for 1 Omega/Maco/Honor Guard
No. The current system works well enough and there is no need to change it. It seems to me you just want to change the system so that you can just grind nonstop to get the item you want with zero chance of the luck draw that 'skips' you tons of grinding.

I had played Elite STF's for months just to get dilithium to buy cstore stuff. In the first two weeks, thanks to the RNG I got enough prototype salvage to equip two of my ships with two sets of mk12 equipment and enough tech to get my two main ships their STF mk 12 gear.

If I was under your system I'd still be grinding this crap out. No thanks.

If you want to get your items faster then a good compromise would be to allow borg items to be purchased in the dilithium store ...that way your grind can net you the items (paying in dilithium) rather than screwing it all up for others.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 8
07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
No. The current system works well enough and there is no need to change it. It seems to me you just want to change the system so that you can just grind nonstop to get the item you want with zero chance of the luck draw that 'skips' you tons of grinding.

I had played Elite STF's for months just to get dilithium to buy cstore stuff. In the first two weeks, thanks to the RNG I got enough prototype salvage to equip two of my ships with two sets of mk12 equipment and enough tech to get my two main ships their STF mk 12 gear.

If you want to get your items faster then a good compromise would be to allow borg items to be purchased in the dilithium store ...that way your grind can net you the items (paying in dilithium) rather than screwing it all up for others.
You either lack basic reading comprehension skills, or you just want to pointlessly argue against others having items whom don't experience incredible RNG occurrences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
In what mirror universe would that happen? Quite to the contrary, the %chance for a Tech drop due to the calender events and the optional reward redesign would increase the chance of tech dropping over current baseline.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2012, 07:47 AM
There shouldn't be proto-anything dropping in normals. If you want prototype salvage, run an elite. The spaces ones really aren't that difficult.

As to tieing a drop chance increase to the optional, that's also wrong imo. The optional bags do need looking at, get rid of the grenades and other junk for a start.

Finally, Geko's already said a revamp is in the works.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
There shouldn't be proto-anything dropping in normals. If you want prototype salvage, run an elite. The spaces ones really aren't that difficult.

As to tieing a drop chance increase to the optional, that's also wrong imo. The optional bags do need looking at, get rid of the grenades and other junk for a start.

Finally, Geko's already said a revamp is in the works.
You're still thinking of the old system in comparison to the new one. If everything was merged into just the specific techs with a universal salvage, we can call it whatever we want: the outcome is the same. From running STFs over a month (equally), I have received 4 proto shield techs, 1 proto engine tech, a slew of rare engine techs, 30 rare salvages, 30 proto salvages, and well over 200 EDCs. From the new system, would, instead (going off of EDC totals), have anywhere from ~200 proto salvage to ~800 proto salvage. I won't bother with imagining what techs I could have received due to an increased tech drop rate.

Now, the lower bound almost gives me enough salvage for a full MK XII set, ignoring my proto techs for this matter. The upper bound...gives me lots of sets. Now, in one month I did not get enough techs for a full set, yet with this system I would have done so. Yes, players should expect some sort of grind for a valuable reward. No, I shouldn't expect to grind for months just to obtain a set while you grind for two weeks to obtain yours. The ratio of effort::reward is skewed heavily due to the reliance on a RNG, so just because you lucked out with the RNG doesn't mean I should sit back and take it.

Face it: the current system is highly flawed and burns people out from the grind. This system puts a concrete finish line on how much effort is required, at a minimum. That is a good thing.