Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Either way that has nothing to do with the Excal.
Oh, of course not. The Excalibur belongs to Cryptic AFAIK. I think it falls squarely on "we didn't have the time".
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Rihannsu
# 12
07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
They are all variations of the Connie refit. I suspect when CBS said no to the Connie refit they (CBS or Cryptic) just decided not to include any of that set of ships despite the face they are not that exact ship. Cut by association so to speak. We can all guess as to the exact reason but only cryptic can tell us why they decided not to include them. Perhaps someone will ask in a later interview.

There are a few others sets that did not make it either. Some bird of preys and raprors did not get converted up so its not like every ship was added baring this group. There are other holes. Perhaps these will be filled out over time.

Even though I don't really wanted a tier 5 Connie myself, I think the c-store version, the Exeter was a really nice ship with a great 2409 look. I would have liked to have had the chance to see that at tier 5. My favourite c-store bird of prey is missing as well which I'm disappointed in and can only hope it gets added later.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I had seen another poster say this in another thread and I agree, they could aways disable the Connie skin for the fleet cruiser retrofit.
Republic Veteran
# 14
07-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I had seen another poster say this in another thread and I agree, they could aways disable the Connie skin for the fleet cruiser retrofit.
What Revo said is most likely the reason why they don't do it, they can't make everyone happy and it is easier just to choose another ship and work with that than having to give a single ship special treatment.
Banned
# 15
07-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
What Revo said is most likely the reason why they don't do it, they can't make everyone happy and it is easier just to choose another ship and work with that than having to give a single ship special treatment.
Now that is some truly bad logic. Just because they cant give some people what they want(the T5 connie) doesnt mean they should completely ignore the people who want the excal. Making 1 group happy is better than nothing.
Captain
# 16
07-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I've created a thread in General Discussion, asking the Devs specifically for a definitive answer on this topic.

Thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=303871

Maybe, if we can keep that thread hot, Cryptic just might give us an answer, regardless of what the answer is.

One can hope anyway.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Lieutenant
# 17
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, I am sad to see the Constitution Refit not make it into the Fleet Ships category, but it makes sense in ways. The Constitution was never seen again in Star Trek after The Undiscovered Country, other than an appearance in Trials and Tribble-ations, as well as In a Mirror, Darkly. I imagine they kept a bunch as museum ships and minor patrol vessels, and during the Dominion War and Borg Incursions, Starfleet started upgrading a few of them.

Since they were never seen on-screen, that's just my theory.

I think that since they played no real part in later stories and are old ships, they don't quite deserve the whole make-over, despite being more powerful than a Miranda Class.

But who knows.
Republic Veteran
# 18
07-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Now that is some truly bad logic. Just because they cant give some people what they want(the T5 connie) doesnt mean they should completely ignore the people who want the excal. Making 1 group happy is better than nothing.
So they should go back and rewrite a part of the game just so a couple people can have one ship? They covered perhaps one of there biggest request...you all are getting a very beefed up assault cruiser. Give the fed a mile and they want a light year...
Commander
# 19 reply
07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
the reason you are not going to see the connie here is because it is currently licensed to be used for games tied to jj verse exclusively so thats why you wont see a jellyfish or a naradua here either even through the last 2 came from same timeline as the one here.
Captain
# 20
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
So they should go back and rewrite a part of the game just so a couple people can have one ship? They covered perhaps one of there biggest request...you all are getting a very beefed up assault cruiser. Give the fed a mile and they want a light year...
Actually, by NOT providing an upgraded T5 Excalibur / Vesper or Exeter, they would need to go back and rewrite their game lore regarding the construction of those ships.

That's the point that many people are trying to make...

Excal/Vesp/Exet =/= Connie

Connie =/= Excal/Vesp/Exet

Sure, at T2, they share the same vehicle as skins. However, one skin is for a ship that was built 150 years ago. The other skins are for ships that were built 0-10 years ago.

There is no reason why there SHOULDN'T be a T5 Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter, if they are moving ahead with a T5 Nova and T5 Sabre.

It's their own game lore. They established that the Excalibur and Vesper and Exeter are new designs of this era. If they are going to ignore that, and irrevicably tie those ships to the Connie, then they need to retcon their lore that states those ships are of this era, and make them "experimental protoypes" or something.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey