Captain
# 41
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Artificially time-gating an event, via an inaccessable map, or inaccessable rewards is complete and utter bull****. I thought Cryptic might've learnt, from the Deferi Invasion, and the First Contact event, and the Shuttle Event...

Hell atleast 3 major events, and they still manage to **** up. I was looking forward to Season 6, but when they make stupid decisions like this, it really makes me consider leaving it all behind once and for all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Ouch, not good news. Not good at all.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Republic Veteran
# 43
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
The Tholian Ground event isn't the only event to give Marks.

No win Scenario
Colony Invasion
Starbase Blockade, Fleet Defence, Incursion, and Alerts

All give Marks. so you have plenty of other opportunities.
Empire Veteran
# 44
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The event is not gated.

Only receiving Fleet Marks as a reward for the invasion is tied to an event.
Please do not do this. Consider the consequences of continuing to dangle the "We've learned from our mistakes" Carrot, only to turn around and make essentially the same mistakes again.

If the mission is paying out too much in Fleet Marks, then scale it back or something, even better, put it on cool-down, but time-gating the primary reason to do a mission, especially an "End Game Content" mission--the only kind you folks are wanting to focus on currently--is simply repeating an error already claimed to be learned from. To try to tell us it's not time-gated, on the other hand, is just plain wrong.

I rarely call Cryptic out, and tend to substantially support the game and company in literally every way I can... I have been talking up the latest mission to everyone who will listen, letting them know that this will not be Defera, et al all over again... I suppose I had too much faith...

qab...
Previously: QorDaq
Operations Team, 12th Fleet
Captain
# 45
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd like to suggest the following:

Make the Tholian Invasion missions "Daily", and reward a certain amount of Fleet Marks per daily, no matter what time of day it is. Once you complete the daily, you can still pick up the mission, but won't get any additional Fleet Marks until the daily resets.

The exception to this, would be during the "Tholian Invasion" event on the calendar. Would rather see it done this way, instead of removing the fleet mark rewards entirely.
Rihannsu
# 46
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
The event is not gated.

So, what's the point of running the mission otherwise then? Seriously, can you people do anything right?
Rihannsu
# 47
07-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
That's by design. Fleet Marks are only a reward for the invasion when the Fleet Event is active.
Quote:
The event is not gated.

WOW!

Way to go Cryptic, you create something good, then ruin it by pulling a BS stunt like this.

Yet again it's one step forward, two steps back.

WHY are you time-gating Fleet Mark acquisition?! Aren't the hard time gates in the fleet advancement system enough? Is the seven month minimum it will take the largest, most loyal and dedicated fleets to reach Tier 5 now suddenly too soon?

Not to mention that even when a Starbase has unlocked stores, additional projects need to be set up to Provision items for said stores, and allow fleet members to contribute their fleet marks and earn fleet credits.

WHY the sudden need to restrict Fleet Mark acquisition?! Is this a recent decision? or has it been in place since the fleet advancement system was designed? you just chose to implement it at the eleventh hour? to minimise the criticism you knew it would cause?

Stunts like this make people question your actions/inactions past, present, and future. It sets a precedent, where people will scrutinise and second-guess everything you do, looking for the catch, the thorn, the thing that makes it too good to be true.

Keep it up, and you'll end up with players who daren't get excited about anything you do, for fear of disappointment.

Disclaimer; This post is not directed at you Zero, but the people within Cryptic/PWE who make decisions like this, who seem to underestimate the intelligence of the playerbase and Star Trek community.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Republic Veteran
# 48
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure how this is underestimating people intelligence? I don't see anything here having to do with intelligence.
Empire Veteran
# 49
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
And I find sad that you all think Cryptic did this intentionally...

That's one way it could have happened. The other is that PWE forced it on them, and they couldn't do a thing about it.

You're all upset about this change. But I'm saying you might want to take a step back, and wait till you find who's really behind the change. Then you can effective target your anger, instead of just railing without thinking.

I don't know which it is myself, but I'm saying wait a little first.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 50
07-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
The Bio-neural Warhead now properly explodes when it ought to.
Disappointed the launch issue is not fixed, where the Warhead is not launched with the Torpedo Fire button.