Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Hi,

I have got a problem with my internetconnection, so I write this with a smartphone... Yesterday I made a few runs on Khitomer Accord Ground Elite and Cure Ground Elite. When I used my Security Escort 3, I saw that 1 above Borgs quiet often, so my question is: Haven't those guys remodulators, or do they just forget to use them?

I can't say if only DOFF-produced (additional) Escorts are effected, but it is a little unfair that Support-Drones can remodulate and my Security Escort can't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 180
# 2
07-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Support drones have Quick Fix, allowing them to insta-remod themselves, you, or any other ally.

This doesn't help the issue with security teams, but it's not like the drones are actually remodulating either. They're merely benefiting from a built-in function of the skill.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 372
# 3
07-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi,

I've allready seen drones doing a normal remodulation. Don't ask me if those were the normal support-drones or the better seeker-drones.

If the drones are damaged and have got to remodulate, then quick-fix would be the best and fastest way to do so.

But maybe you should simply change to an engineer... I've never seen a borg adapting to my Quantum-Mortas!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 4
07-12-2012, 07:28 AM
My main is an engineer and I think security escort needs a built in modulator or quick fix skill added to the back end of their design.

We need every ally against the borg

Last edited by palpha2clearance; 07-12-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 372
# 5
07-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi,

Quick-Fix would be a bit displaced, you don't beam down an engineering-crew, you beam down a security-escort.

One could ask, if the Security-Escort could get a better remodulator (maybe Security-Escort 2 the normal and Security-Escort 3 the fractal remodulator). On the other hand each engineer would want the Support-/Seeker-Drones to get this enhancement, too.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 6
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
Hi,

Quick-Fix would be a bit displaced, you don't beam down an engineering-crew, you beam down a security-escort.

One could ask, if the Security-Escort could get a better remodulator (maybe Security-Escort 2 the normal and Security-Escort 3 the fractal remodulator). On the other hand each engineer would want the Support-/Seeker-Drones to get this enhancement, too.

Or have security escort weapons simply not get adaptation counters.

They really don't last very long, and they die when the borg look at them funny.

The only time they are really useful is when the DOFFs proc and you get a small army of them.

Do they really need to have to remodulate as well?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 372
# 7
07-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi,

Quote:
Or have security escort weapons simply not get adaptation counters.
That would be unfair... Borg can adapt to the Phasers of my Support-Drones and Seeker-Drones, why should they not adapt to those of the Security-Escorts?

Quote:
They really don't last very long, and they die when the borg look at them funny.
Do Support-/Seeker-Drones last longer? Even if they do, I can't get 6 of them at the same time...

Quote:
Do they really need to have to remodulate as well?
Short answer: Yes, they need to have remodulators. Everything else would be unfair.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.