Commander
i gotta say it seems to me out of every 10 updates i read about the upcoming season , it seems at least 7 of them make me unhappy with the way the game is going.
is it just me that feels most of the news is bad news?

does anyone else feel this way?
or is it just the opposite for you?

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Complete opposite. Star Trek Online has really been missing something vital, important, and fundamental to both the United Federation of Planets, and MMOs in general.

TEAMWORK

Season 6 is a step in the right direction IMO.
Captain
# 3
07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Personally I always run off and stockpile food whenever they change things. It's the only sane option and if you don't agree it's because the They Live aliens got you too.
# 4
07-12-2012, 12:20 AM
i agree that starbases started off great i was happy, then i found out the whole thing is designed to be a sink to get you to spend money and voids the ships you previously invested in.

i feel its designed to get you and your fleet to all work together at spending money

what we really got here is 4 more stfs for us to grind until the next season

Last edited by tankalot42o; 07-12-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
it's a constantly evolving game.

I don't mind the changes.. but the only thing that would really bring me back to playing with any regularity, would be an Ambassador Class.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Commander
# 6
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
yes evolving into a eastern mmo money sink

Captain
# 7
07-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
i gotta say it seems to me out of every 10 updates i read about the upcoming season , it seems at least 7 of them make me unhappy with the way the game is going.
is it just me that feels most of the news is bad news?

does anyone else feel this way?
or is it just the opposite for you?

I usually make a point to be positive about it because someone's putting time and effort making STO into a larger and hopefully richer environment for Star Trek based gameplay.

Granted it is not 100% perfect canon Star Trek, but as we say in life, there's no point waiting and hoping for a 100% solution if its humanly impossible to attain.

So I take the 70% and enjoy it to the fullest. If there's any area lacking (such as authentic military roleplaying, canon-style ship to ship hails, epic insane difficulty 'Battle of Endor' fleet battles), there's nothing stopping me from filling in the gap myself.

In that regard, I can happily conclude that STO has achieved what it set out to offer - a place to make my Star Trek dreams come true, as the master and commander of my own virtual starship.

Any additions, like new content, fleet starbases, etc are icing on the cake. The core game engine has a lot of potential and like everything needs time to grow. Growing something as huge as an MMO is not easy, and I applaud Cryptic for taking a stand and adopting a "just do it" mentality for some controversial features that just about everyone was objecting to for at least half a year.

Federation carriers for instance.

I say they are awesome and I want to see more creative, innovative Cryptic ship designs.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 07-12-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
i agree that starbases started off great i was happy, then i found out the whole thing is designed to be a sink to get you to spend money and voids the ships you previously invested in.

i feel its designed to get you and your fleet to all work together at spending money

what we really got here is 4 more stfs for us to grind until the next season
I happen to agree with you, but it seems the majority of the community seems to like to be ripped off so I just keep my mouth shut and just will avoid to spent any real money in the game anymore. I will just grind Dilithium and use my monthly lifetime C-point bonus if there is anything in the c-store I want, which to be honest there isn't much left, got most of the KDF stuff now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-12-2012, 02:27 AM
The game is definately going in a direction I don't care for. As one of the other posters commented, it's only about 70% Trek right now. (Though I would argue lower) I think in about another 6 months, it will be completely unrecognizable as anything Trek, save the license. One thing you can count on from any corporation, is that they will pander to whatever the lowest common denominator is, if it means making money. And PWE is a foreign, alien, corporation, by western standards. I'm sure if they thought they could increase revenue threefold, by putting Jar-Jar Binks in the game, they would. Once PWE finishes cleaning out Cryptic, you're going to see a game that is more anime, then Star Trek. Fed carriers are here. Giant robots are in the works.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm not too thrilled at basically most of the normal ships becoming inferior to their replacements. I've no qualms about joining a guild/clan/fleet and working with people, but I am not a fan of having to rely on them to get the ship(s) I may want.

The bases themselves look pretty neat, though.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful