Career Officer
# 11
07-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Mostly looking forward to the upcoming changes.

Though one thing that does 'concern' me is that the game could well become little more than an obsessional grind to achieve the biggest, baddest, Starbase and/or obtain the vaunted Fleet ships.... and not much else.
Captain
# 12
07-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Mostly looking forward to the upcoming changes.

Though one thing that does 'concern' me is that the game could well become little more than an obsessional grind to achieve the biggest, baddest, Starbase and/or obtain the vaunted Fleet ships.... and not much else.
At least it'll be a different grind than the STF's.
# 13
07-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
At least it'll be a different grind than the STF's.
yup , im sick and tired of STF-s XD
Captain
# 14
07-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Giant robots are in the works.
They're (sort of) canon. They had them in the animated series
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 15
07-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
The game is definately going in a direction I don't care for. As one of the other posters commented, it's only about 70% Trek right now. (Though I would argue lower) I think in about another 6 months, it will be completely unrecognizable as anything Trek, save the license. One thing you can count on from any corporation, is that they will pander to whatever the lowest common denominator is, if it means making money. And PWE is a foreign, alien, corporation, by western standards. I'm sure if they thought they could increase revenue threefold, by putting Jar-Jar Binks in the game, they would. Once PWE finishes cleaning out Cryptic, you're going to see a game that is more anime, then Star Trek. Fed carriers are here. Giant robots are in the works.
This. I came back and found out that I need to "link" to a PWE account. I refused, creating a forum-only account still playing with my cryptic account I found out they removed the "captian's showroom" feature, you know the screen showing your characters and their bio to show to friend or other RPers. The next I see are ugly shaped, purple "caitian" battlecarriers resembling BSG or Andromeda ships - this in addition to the other stuff taking place in this game, the ridiculous visuals, the constant killing, the removal of all diplomatic/exloration missions and whatnot... well...
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 16
07-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
i gotta say it seems to me out of every 10 updates i read about the upcoming season , it seems at least 7 of them make me unhappy with the way the game is going.
is it just me that feels most of the news is bad news?

does anyone else feel this way?
or is it just the opposite for you?
Every season/patch brings nothing but more ridiculous gameplay decisions and nerfing/screwing up of stuff.

Science abilities ... RIP soon after F2P. It is no longer a viable, reliable means for science ships to fight. It became a third-place utility for weapon systems.

Carrier Pets... RIP a few months ago. Once they could be controlled in a way that a carrier could use his pets ... now the pet AI and flight patterns were changed so that they are nothing more than drones.. an equivalent of the breen transphasic torpedo: you fire it and it does its thing and you cant control it. So much for a 'pet' using ship.

and now they're screwing up the player fleets. Yes, starbases and the stuff they bring is nifty... but once again the devs screw up by making the system catered only to one group; the very large fleets. Small, friend-based fleets have no chance to get their fleet ships because it would take a year or more of grinding the stuff. So... the result is small fleets have to break up, join huge fleets that have the installations built up, get their fleet ships and then they have no means to re-join or make a new small fleet because they will never be able to get the installations built up in any realistic time frame to support a 'fun' small fleet.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-14-2012, 03:43 AM
I was really looking forward to S6. There is so much potential in what could be done with fleets and starbases.

.. then it hit and I realised what the devs had (intentionally) neglected to tell us about it all is that these new fleet ships are still going to cost zen (even though we already purchsed the models). They did not mention this at any time in interviews. This is nothing short of this.

To make it all worse, I find my space camera view changing by itself every few minutes (which can not be corrected mid battle as the menu doesn't open). The game is currently almost unplayable for anyone that prefers the chase camera or follow camera views.

... and all this so that we can spend more money on things we already paid for, YAY!
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Commander
# 18
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
I'm sure if they thought they could increase revenue threefold, by putting Jar-Jar Binks in the game, they would..
SHHHHHHHHHHHH

For the Love of Vulcan... Don't give them any new ideas!!
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Career Officer
# 19
07-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
...Snip...

To make it all worse, I find my space camera view changing by itself every few minutes (which can not be corrected mid battle as the menu doesn't open). The game is currently almost unplayable for anyone that prefers the chase camera or follow camera views.

...Snip...
Ohhhhh.... so thats what happened.

Ok, you guys continue on....
Click link at right and add your support!
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Here are two truths.

People are more likely to take the effort to voice a complaint than a compliment when the method if delivery is more involved than face to face speech.

The more customers a product or service has, the harder it is to keep them all happy.

This post may have more people saying they're not happy compared to those that are, but that doesn't mean that the majority of people are unhappy.

Whilst I'm unhappy with a little sloppy implementation (things like broken key-binds) I'm happy as I can see season 6 as a lead up for things to come.

Don't forget that we haven't seen the Tholian ships yet. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be seeing them before Season 7 is released...