Career Officer
# 1 Account Verification E-mail?
06-20-2014, 05:13 AM
Ok, so I log in and hope to buy a Lifetime Sub and click to go buy it.

Buuut I gotta Verify my account and save the browser. Ok, that's not a problem. Even though I've already done that when I bought some Zen last week, things happen, cookies get eaten by the net monster. Just enter the one-time code and I'm back in.

Yup....just gotta get that e-mail with the code.

Any minute now.

Soon. I know it...

Ping! There it is Yay! Time to give Cryptic a wad of my paycheck!

Enter the code an-*klunk*

Wait what? "This code has expired."

Evidently there's a time-limit on the code they send you. And that much I can understand, security for internet needing to be what it is in today's world. So how do I use the code if I don't get the e-mail until after the code has expired?

Just keep trying until I get the e-mail in time? Sacrifice a goat? My first born?

Anyone have any advice?

EDIT: And I finally got the e-mail after trying it on my laptop instead of my desktop. Wonder why it wasn't being sent on my desktop? The e-mail arrived within seconds when I tried logging in on my laptop.

Last edited by kianazero; 06-20-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Ensign
# 2
06-20-2014, 11:07 AM
I also tried to get a lifetime sub, the problem is I can't get past the login screen, It says it is an invalid password... also I got a message that cookies are disabled which they are not, NOW I can't log into the game because it says "too many attempts, try later" and this has been going on for the past 6 hours where I can't get into the game.

I submitted a Ticket for both of the problems but haven't heard anything yet.... Anyone know how long the wait has to be for the "too many attempts" thing to resolve itself? like I said... it happened at aprox 8:50 am today and it is now 2:06 pm (eastern time)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega6theta1 View Post
I also tried to get a lifetime sub, the problem is I can't get past the login screen, It says it is an invalid password... also I got a message that cookies are disabled which they are not, NOW I can't log into the game because it says "too many attempts, try later" and this has been going on for the past 6 hours where I can't get into the game.

I submitted a Ticket for both of the problems but haven't heard anything yet.... Anyone know how long the wait has to be for the "too many attempts" thing to resolve itself? like I said... it happened at aprox 8:50 am today and it is now 2:06 pm (eastern time)
Try a different browser, I had the same issue with IE but when I tried with Chrome it worked perfectly.