Photonic Officer III is a useless ability. It's supposed to reduce the recharge of other abilities by 34% BUT 34% can't be achieved owing to the global cooldown barrier. In practical terms, Photonic Officer II does exactly the same thing without costing a Commander level ability AND 4 mill on the exchange.
How do I know this? I've done testing and I've posted about this issue in the past. (Of course if you want to buy them for their rugged good looks, well, that's up to you.)
Doesn't work. I found this out when I was toying of the idea with either two or three instances of Photonic Officer on a ship so I could cycle amongst them and have every other boff power cycling at a really fast rate. Doesn't work. The global cooldown for Photonic Officer is 2 minutes and this won't reduce.
Here's what happens if you have two instances of PO where you've pumped full expertise in to the PO skill. (More than two has no benefit.)
* Activate one PO. It has a cool down of 3 minutes, all other instance have a two minute cooldown.
* PO remains active for 1 minute.
* PO turns off and now has a three minute cooldown. The unused PO has one minute global cooldown left.
* One minute without PO passes.
* Unused PO can be activated. By this stage the first PO has two minutes left, meaning global cooldown doesn't affect it. Of course if you didn't activate the second PO quickly enough, well then, the cooldown on the first PO gets bumped back to 2 minutes.
Essentially, two POs mean one minute on, one minute off. And PO III has no benefit over PO II. I can live with the minute on, minute off, but I'm not prepared to buy something off the exchange that's broken. If they fix PO III, well, I'll be all over the photonic science officers in a heart beat.
Still noone said the stat lol. It is -40 ? Beside, thats why i would prefer someone kind enough with unlimited access to the skill to train me :-) im not much interested in the whole officer...but if there is noone, i will buy it of exchange eventualy.