Lt. Commander
# 1 Troll Aromr
07-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Please hear me out on this I think I have an idea....

I think there should be an armor set for trolls. It would have every wing and flange and widget and embellishment you can imagine. It should look like Las Vegas just ate Times Square and puked it up all over Hong Kong. It should glow and sparkle and make noise and have propellors and whirley gigs and huge shoulders that would make it almost impossible to walk into any doorway on any starbase. It should have a closkwise rotating crown of gold and jewels that would make any Ferengi sell his moogie's teeth. It should have boots that spit tribbles from its heels.

Dont jump ship just yet there is a point to all this. First it will give the trolls something to want so they can walk around in "cool looking" armor while they trade insults on DS9. Plus If this armor is horribly annoying and suits the mentality of the common troll then they will stay the hell out of the end game content where the serious players are. Also anybody owning this armor would not be allowed to queue for any ground STFs or Fleet Events.

Now i know that leaves space vulnerable but honestly why would they want to go to space when they can do the look at me parade on DS9 in their new armor?
Career Officer
# 2
07-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Let me guess: You just had an incident where you feel you were treated unfairly?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Already exists its called "mkXii Maco"
Captain
# 4
07-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Ha ha ha. So anybody who's actually gotten some of the best gear in the game (until S6 comes along) is a troll? I think they're lucky or persistent players, or more likely both of the above.

Edit: Besides, look who's talking... just about 99.999999999% of the forums calls you a troll.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Firstly the number of people who call me a troll comes to less than 10% of the forums

Secondly its NOT the best armour in the game its merely an OPTION (many people say the Honour guard is much better)

Thirdly I watched two people in this very armour spend almost 20 minutes sexually harrassing a female character the other day

also for 99.999999999% of the forum to call me anything there would have to be
100,000,000,000 people on the forum (or put another way more than 10 X the entire population of the planet)
Captain
# 6
07-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Firstly the number of people who call me a troll comes to less than 10% of the forums

Secondly its NOT the best armour in the game its merely an OPTION (many people say the Honour guard is much better)

Thirdly I watched two people in this very armour spend almost 20 minutes sexually harrassing a female character the other day

also for 99.999999999% of the forum to call me anything there would have to be
100,000,000,000 people on the forum (or put another way more than 10 X the entire population of the planet)
First of all, I think you're rather wrong.

Second, I said SOME of the best gear, not THE best gear.

Third, I have nothing to say. :O

Fourth, you're missing the point. I just randomly typed in a bunch of nines afterwards to more effectively illustrate how small the population NOT calling you a troll is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-08-2012, 02:30 AM
Membership here is quite large

meanwhile the number dumb enough to call ANYONE a troll is tiny
Commander
# 8
07-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
meanwhile the number dumb enough to call ANYONE a troll is tiny
And you say this despite the fact that you've called Mk XII MACO Armour troll armour, and by extension people who wear it, trolls.
Captain
# 9
07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
And you say this despite the fact that you've called Mk XII MACO Armour troll armour, and by extension people who wear it, trolls.
That doesn't count. Someone told me that in another thread where they tried to justify another person's ideas as ridiculous.

Folks are about 2 seconds away from seeing a Don;t be an ass sigimage in my sig.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
But your admiral looks so relaxed in that image. Don't take her away!

Anyway, sounds like the OP got in a zone-chat fight with someone who had a full set of something the OP did not.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful