Banned
# 51
07-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydan1 View Post
It's been under maintenance for four days. What are the odds they finish today?
Next to none.

I give it a month.
Ensign
# 52
07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
i really would like to be able to play the foundry before i go away to school in september and never get a chance to play again.
The really stupid thing is...i only found out about the application 6 hrs before it went down and was never able to get making maps out of my system
Career Officer
# 53
07-16-2012, 10:37 PM
I can only assume the volume of missions that the team's gotta go through in order to get the Foundry back up, but, if a dev sees this post, could I suggest maybe, once a week, that we get an update on the progress?

I was just thinking of something like that just so we're not stuck wondering (or thinking maybe the devs got too busy and forgot about us. hehe ).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-17-2012, 01:38 AM
it is truly tragic and funny at the same time. when they take the time to do something right people complain that they are taking too long and fuss and cry about not having access... but when they rush something to make those people happy they are the same ones that cry and complain that it has bugs and blasts cryptic on their lack of proper QA.

if you were all as much addicted to the foundry as you profess to be you would know that there were MAJOR bugs that had to be worked out and we are not talking about 5 or 10 foundry missions but hundreds or more. or is this the thing for everybody to jump on the bandwagon and complain about this week because they are angry at life in general?

let them fix the damn thing right if that takes a few more days or even a week im all for it i also would rather there be a bug free fully functioning foundry system than what we had recently.
Career Officer
# 55
07-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyman View Post
it is truly tragic and funny at the same time. when they take the time to do something right people complain that they are taking too long and fuss and cry about not having access...
I'm not mad, just curious.

Was the reason you posted it because of what I said or was it just a coincidence that I'm reading too much into?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Lieutenant
# 56
07-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiad View Post
Next to none.

I give it a month.
SWEEPSTAKE !

I say by this coming Saturday
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
07-17-2012, 07:31 AM
I call Thursday!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 58
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
it is truly tragic and funny at the same time. when they take the time to do something right people complain that they are taking too long and fuss and cry about not having access... but when they rush something to make those people happy they are the same ones that cry and complain that it has bugs and blasts cryptic on their lack of proper QA.

if you were all as much addicted to the foundry as you profess to be you would know that there were MAJOR bugs that had to be worked out and we are not talking about 5 or 10 foundry missions but hundreds or more. or is this the thing for everybody to jump on the bandwagon and complain about this week because they are angry at life in general?

let them fix the damn thing right if that takes a few more days or even a week im all for it i also would rather there be a bug free fully functioning foundry system than what we had recently.
*applause*
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:

Forgive us for wanting to know more about when a major game feature (for us anyway) is going to return. For some of us, the Foundry is the only reason we continue to play this game. I think most of us who lived through season 4 are plenty content to let them take the time they need to do the transition properly. That doesn't mean we aren't going to talk and speculate and ask for details.

Now if you want to talk unpleasable fanbase, go look in the general forum section. How long did people cry about no content? And now they have released content. Have the complaints stopped? No. "There's not enough" "I finished it already" "It's too hard" "It's too easy" "It's too much of a time/resource sink" "Why did you do this when you could have done that" "Why didn't you cater to the kind of content I want" etc etc. I'd talk to those people about never being satisfied.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 60
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I'd agree that regular/scheduled updates would be a very good thing for a feature as major as the Foundry. I can live with extended downtime as long as there is a clear, polite, and consistent effort to communicate with us.

Honestly, the Foundry is one of the biggest draws to STO for me, especially since new episodes aren't released very often. I'm also working on designing a big storytelling mission, and have been very disappointed not to be able to continue on it while the ideas are still flowing.
Closed Thread