Captain
# 141
07-13-2012, 12:29 AM
But basically it will be like 5+ months before anyone will get these new T5 fleet ships?
Captain
# 142
07-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
But basically it will be like 5+ months before anyone will get these new T5 fleet ships?
I bet some huge alliances it will be faster.
Lt. Commander
# 143
07-13-2012, 12:33 AM
so...

we;re playing to unlock a Tier 5 Z-store?
Career Officer
# 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfresh11 View Post
I thought buying the module was enough, but I have to gain a certain amount of fleet credits and my fleet has to be a certain tier to purchase whatever fleet ship I want? This seems like its going to take a while before I can get a fleet ship.
So the good news is it gives you enough time to grind for the requirements. The bad news is you still won't be able to afford it when your fleet reaches the appropriate tier.
Community Moderator
# 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I bet some huge alliances it will be faster.
Unlikely due to the time gating on this, each project takes 24 hours to complete once started anyway
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 146
07-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Yeah, I thought buying the modules would be it, but I guess we need fleet credits and our fleet ship yard has to be a certain tier. I don't mind taking the time to earn fleet credits, but I wish they gave each individual fleet member more opportunities to gain them.
Career Officer
# 147
07-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Have to say, this is VERY disappointing.

Not usually one to complain but, right up until yesterday, the understanding was that obtaining a fleet ship would involve A: Purchase of fleet ship token and B: lots of grinding.

We knew this - and whilst the grinding involved to obtain the ships was agreed (by most) to be undoubtedly tiresome, the method of obtaining fleet ships was generally accepted.

And now, hours after the much awaited season six appears, we find out that, if we want these ships, we have to grind for months (seriously, if you really want one of those fleet ships as quickly as possible you won't be able to do ANYTHING that doesn't result in earning fleet credits) AND have to throw a bucketload of cash at it. All for some extra console/BOFF slots.

Kudos though, Cryptic, and your PWE masters, - you saw how desperate we all were to see our favourite lower-tier ships at T5, and you're milking that cash-cow that for all it's worth.

I suddenly find myself preferring the game as it was yesterday, BEFORE season six.

The only thing(s) 'under siege' are the player's bank accounts.

And will very likely be cancelling my Gold Sub - only had it for about two weeks, but my reasons for upgrading evaporated in the last 24 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 148
07-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krell83sto View Post
Time > Dilithium > Zen > Ship

1440 + 480 X Total # of Characters = Easy 5 min per Char Farming
(Investigate + Academy Daily)

Nothing Cost Cash, unless you're impatient and have to have it now. Me I can wait a few days, best Zen Store Buy until you're able to farm near 50k easy a day is Character Slots anyways... but then we get back to the Time Factor....

For Me, my 24 pull me 46,080 Dilithium a Day before I play. Granted it takes a hour or two to log and do those two Dailies 24 times.
You work 1-2 hours daily for what ? So you get a virtual currency ? And how ? By an exploit (I am sure you will argue it's not really an exploit, still I doubt it is an intended game feature, if I was PWE I'd just nuke it - but perhaps they are smaretr and this is still part of some devious scheme of subduing some people into virtual slavery). Investigate Officer Daily you could not do on 24 characters if there wasn't that insta-autocomplete mission chain we all know of. This cannot be a norm by any way. Thus your peculiar case and argument does not apply.
Career Officer
# 149
07-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krell83sto View Post
Time > Dilithium > Zen > Ship

1440 + 480 X Total # of Characters = Easy 5 min per Char Farming
(Investigate + Academy Daily)

Nothing Cost Cash, unless you're impatient and have to have it now. Me I can wait a few days, best Zen Store Buy until you're able to farm near 50k easy a day is Character Slots anyways... but then we get back to the Time Factor....

For Me, my 24 pull me 46,080 Dilithium a Day before I play. Granted it takes a hour or two to log and do those two Dailies 24 times.

Wrong, it DOES cost cash. Someone has to buy the zen that they sell you for dilithium. Just because it isn't YOUR cash, doesn't mean Cryptic/PW isn't charging cash for things they've already SOLD to the player for cash.

Season sux... er six is just the wake up call some people needed. It took a hammer between the eyes to show people just where this Cryptic/PW marriage has taken STO.
Lt. Commander
# 150
07-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
Thanks for the information. This was the last piece of information I needed to decide if I wanted to bother forming an fleet for myself. The answer is no, as I suspected those fleet ships have an high Zen price. Now to wait for season 7 before any real content may show up that catches my interest.
If I am right, there has never been said that they will cost MUCH less, only that they will cost less. Only wishful thinking on our part might have added that MUCH.