Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 91
07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Are you searching in a specific category or doing a global search?
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Ensign
# 92
07-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Got to admit I have the very same problem for many days now and not only that, I saw only one of my items sold. I even placed items that have quick sell at very low prices to see what happens and still did not sell and I can't see them listed on the exchange.
Ensign
# 93
07-19-2012, 11:09 AM
The exchange is broken on all my 4 chars

1 i CANT see the stuff i post
2 NOBODY is buyinbg my stuff ( tried posting stuff for 1 ec rare items nobody bouht any )
3 i see players posting stuff...gets sold so aparently not everyone is sharing the same broken exchange = not fair.

so that means is damn broken ...pathetic...a major feature of sto is broken beyond fixing again...lame lame and lame...FIX IT ALREADY damnit, FIX IT, its unnaceptable
Career Officer
# 94
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I am having the same problems. I haven't had a single item sell on the exchange since before the release of season 6. I am also unable to view any items I post for sale on the exchange, and since they're not selling, I'm guessing no one else can see them either. Why is fixing this NOT a priority?
Captain
# 95
07-19-2012, 06:06 PM
This has actually been a known issue for about 5-6 months. And yes if you haven;t been doing the workaround all that time, you've been missing out.

You have to select the rarity as well as the department (or whatever it;s called) along the left hand side as part of the search to see the most current list.

if you drop exchange into the forum search, you should see dozens of threads covering this.

As to why it hasn;t been fixed yet I can;t answer that. I will point out again though that this is a known bug and has been for months. It's just gotten worse recently. You can judge yourself about that.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
This has actually been a known issue for about 5-6 months. And yes if you haven;t been doing the workaround all that time, you've been missing out.

You have to select the rarity as well as the department (or whatever it;s called) along the left hand side as part of the search to see the most current list.

if you drop exchange into the forum search, you should see dozens of threads covering this.

As to why it hasn;t been fixed yet I can;t answer that. I will point out again though that this is a known bug and has been for months. It's just gotten worse recently. You can judge yourself about that.
This fix used to work most of the time and still does for things like contraband, but generally the exchange is FUBAR. The economy of the game is in total disarray just at the time when players need it most, for helping to build the starbases. Cryptic are aware of this and a Dev said that it would be fixed. It hasn't, no mention of it in the patch and it is still screwed. The reason is of course because they have all been working frantically on the lockboxes. CYRPTIC WAKE UP!!! The economy of your game is falling to pieces and you are working on releasing new junk that people cannot buy or sell, for Q's sake get this sorted ASAP!!!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 97
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
This fix used to work most of the time and still does for things like contraband
While I agree with you on needing it fixed, I disagree with the "used to work" bit.

It works fine for me and others in game. We're still buying and selling withou tissue and from the amount of stuff I'm selling, seems like the average player has it figured out by now.

But yes it does need to be fixed.

edit: The hardest problem for me and others is actually what category things go under of they don;t state so in the tooltips.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 98
07-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
While I agree with you on needing it fixed, I disagree with the "used to work" bit.

It works fine for me and others in game. We're still buying and selling withou tissue and from the amount of stuff I'm selling, seems like the average player has it figured out by now.

But yes it does need to be fixed.

edit: The hardest problem for me and others is actually what category things go under of they don;t state so in the tooltips.
I said "It still does for SOME THINGS"

I can list many lower price items, see them and sell them. I am a max crafter and have hundreds of millions of EC, I know better than most how it works, been using it for over 600 days, and right now, this minute it is FUBAR. Check the many other threads on this issue. Cryptic are too busy releasing lockboxes to realise that the foundations of the game economy are crumbling beneath their feet. Just because you manage to sell your stuff doesn't mean everyone else does.

Try this and let me know if it works. Buy a fleet module, list it for any price you like, say 29,995,986 EC, so you recognise that it's yours. Now see if you can find it, anyway you know how. If you do I will eat my tribble!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Ensign
# 99 Exchange is very broken.
07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
The exchange will not search basic items like mystery packages or fleet ship modules. It is very very broken. And i've even heard of things getting sold on the exchange and people not getting money for the things they sold. Star Trek online dev's need to prioritize this issue immediately.
Captain
# 100
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I've had minor success finding things if I go to the specific category and enter the exact name of the item including the quality I'm looking for.

But that still doesn't justify the rest of the brokenness.