Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 101
07-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah except sometimes the exchange shows the mid price of items, rather than lowest price. Sometimes it doesn't show any items at all. Other times, you have to change quality to see some of the items available... but again it seems to never show all of the items regardless.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 102
07-19-2012, 08:15 PM
This is a very well known bug that has been around for at least 5 or 6 months. As noted up above selecting the rarity as well as the category of an item gives you a proper search without issue. As noted this has been the work around for many months and the suggested method of searching for most active traders. For reference mystery packages are one of the items that I trade in, have a couple thousand in my band and have sold I would guess about 200 within the last few days. (I honestly thought I was going to get stuck with them.)

I made 189m a few days ago and from chatting with other traders, buying and selling is working fine as long as you use the workaround discussed up above.

The "not getting money" concern is actually I believe coming from a single well known player sitting in ESD and bad mouthing everything and everyone he or she can think of. I;ve not seen this issue and I have yet to hear about this directly from anybody. While people have mentioned this in zone chat, it;s always been "I;ve heard..." comments without anything to back it up.

If you would like, I would suggest typing exchange into the search function and seeing the other discussion on this topic as there are at the very least 2 dozen threads on it. Sometimes searching first before posting is a good idea as all creating a duplicate toipic is spread around the discussion and creat emore work for the mods who now have to take the time to combine all these threads.

Hope that helps.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 103
07-19-2012, 08:36 PM
edit: You know what? never mind. This isn;t worth my trouble.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-19-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
07-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
edit: You know what? never mind. This isn;t worth my trouble.
What you are describing is the bug pre-season 6. Since then, the exchange has gone completely off of the deep end.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 105
07-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
I made 189m a few days ago and from chatting with other traders, buying and selling is working fine as long as you use the workaround discussed up above.
The problem with this is that the majority of the players aren't exchange jockeys and won't have the knowledge to use a workaround.

Which hasnt been as effective since S6. Unless the speculators just happened to to miss that ten bargain basement contraband I offloaded (Hooray for Klingon marauding!) the other day that sat there for twelve hours going unsold before I pulled it.

Regardless, the more people plug in a search term, find contraband (for example) for half a million, the more people arent going to know the average going price. Under pricing is great for the exchange speculators because they can take advantage of the ignorance and resell for higher. Over pricing leads to unsold items that get recycled eventually instead of keeping the economy chugging along.

So we all agree that it's broken. Many feel it's broken worse now and not without reason. Either way, fixing it will be good for everyone... Who aren't profiting off of ignorance, that is.
# 106
07-19-2012, 11:25 PM
mattjohnsonva-
well said, people think that just because something works for them that everyone else is wrong but they are right, .... Mikewendell get a life!!!
Career Officer
# 107 Exchange still buggy
07-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Just wondering if the exchange bugs are going to be corrected anytime soon. It is getting a little aggravating to place things on the exchange only to see them become "invisible".

At least an acknowledgement that it is being worked on to correct would be nice please.

Thanks.
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Lieutenant
# 108
07-20-2012, 04:52 AM
The Exchange, the Foundry, as well as the Klingon Lore daily, etc., still needs attention. We should also be earning fleet marks via maxed out Doff mission categories. Season 6 would be a lot more impressive if so many things weren't broken. But, yet, the Devs keep rolling out more crap to purchase rather than more fixes... Fantastic logic there.
Commander
# 109
07-20-2012, 05:02 AM
They have to support the devs some way ;P

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Captain
# 110
07-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Normally I would dig for them but I believe the devs mentioned in at least one thread that they were aware of the issue and in another thread, someone mentioned that they got back a response saying that they were aware it of as well.

After last night, you folks can do your own damn searching.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner