Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Scrolling in to the max level is now further away than it was. I went through the trouble of posting screenshots before. It was adjusted, now it's been adjusted back. Other ships look further away too.

What really sucks is that the camera in the ship store is PERFECT. If we could zoom in to our actual ships the way we could zoom in here it would be awesome.

Take a look. Maximize the store window and look at the amazing detail on the ships. Then beam to your ship and try the same thing.

Sad.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Career Officer
# 12
07-13-2012, 10:25 PM
That has happened to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
I have, though not in the same issue as this thread. When I warped out of DS9, instead of instantly warping out, my ship turned 90 degrees to the left and then warped out.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I am experiencing the same issue.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Commander
# 14
07-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail83 View Post
umm i haven;t notice a problem with the zoom, infact now i can zoom in to see my ship in great detail again
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
And the issue with just using the scroll wheel to zoom back in is..
Yeah, screenshot junkie that I am...no worries here, whilst flying my Armitage Class ship; whilst it might be a while before I get back to my freebie (2nd year gift) Odyssey, whilst I love the lines and look of that ship so.

Sincerely, with my Armitage, I had absolutely no problems zooming in for screenshots at all.

That said, I read something else, around here, about target cams and such not working right?

I've yet to test all that. Yet. Will do soon.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Empire Veteran
# 15
07-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Getting the same issue. Load into a map and my ship fills up the screen. Zoomed in all the way by default it seems.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Commander
# 16
07-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Getting the same issue. Load into a map and my ship fills up the screen. Zoomed in all the way by default it seems.
Scroll wheel on one's mouse works that all out, methinks. Just scroll back on that mouse wheel and all ought be well, yeah?
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Lieutenant
# 17
07-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forjoatinxan View Post
Did you really think we wouldn't notice? The camera zoom is back to far away!

My Odyssey is once again farther away than it was before.

Why did you guys reset the camera distance? On that ship, at least, it was fine. Are the other ships farther away too?

I just don't understand why you guys have to fix things that aren't broken.

-Forjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Actually, it's a completely different issue. The OP said the camera zoom was further out now.

And, coincidentally, using the mouse wheel to scroll either in or out (depending on which issue it is) lets you get the ship to just the point you want! Amazing!
------------------------------------------------

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
Actually, it's a completely different issue. The OP said the camera zoom was further out now.

And, coincidentally, using the mouse wheel to scroll either in or out (depending on which issue it is) lets you get the ship to just the point you want! Amazing!
What he means is that the furthest zoom into your ship isn't as close as it used to be prior to Season Six. This was a point of contention for several users a few months back after the camera was adjusted the first time.
Rihannsu
# 19
07-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
What he means is that the furthest zoom into your ship isn't as close as it used to be prior to Season Six. This was a point of contention for several users a few months back after the camera was adjusted the first time.
Agreed. I was one of those users a few months back who was bothered quite a bit by this. They fixed the "problem" back then fairly quickly. It's funny...many users will never notice anything was different or won't care but the few who do really notice will be bothered to no end by it! Like the last time, it seems not all ships are affected, but more than one is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
Scroll wheel on one's mouse works that all out, methinks. Just scroll back on that mouse wheel and all ought be well, yeah?
if i scroll up or down my ship goes back or forward

ps yes its anoying the camera setting not being saved when u change maps