Empire Veteran
# 11
07-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Precisely. I wasn't particularly complaining that they're doing that. I enjoy a challenge, in a game where a fair challenge is hard to find. I mentioned it as an observation, and was hoping to spark discussion as to how best to counter said computer tactic. In the end, I don't think this will be the kind of scenario suitable for pugs, even if the pugs are good. You have to have the right setup and a team willing to plan things out.
Pets in intercept mode with the right doffs should do the job then.
Lieutenant
# 12
07-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrayu23 View Post
And you tell me, that no-win means that enemy shipd have to appear within the firing range, and no further?
It's up to the Devs to decide if it's fair or not.
Your task is to make the best out of impossible situation.
Pampering you to spawn the enemies further will compensate for slower reactions on your team's part and will will buy you 1 wave at most.
But once they start nerfing the mission because of such "problems", it's will quickly scale down in difficulty to the level it was before the first fix for it on tribble.
Captain
# 13
07-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
You'd really need two dedicated healers in Sci ships (or maybe Odys) to get much further past ~7. The spawns become so profligate and so close to the freighter that it's instadeath without copious ES3, TSS3, ET3 etc.

I haven't worked out what the strat for DPS would be. I've heard Scramble Sensors for messing up the bio-neural warheads but I'm not sure if it actually triggers or not.
In terms of DPS, I'd definitely say AoE effects are the way to go. Torp spread with transphasic, scatter shot, gravity well/tykens rift, etc. Heck, even photonic shockwave can buy a few seconds if you knock 'em away from the freighter.
Captain
# 14
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
I played No-win twice today, and the reason is simple. The enemies go crazy on Bio-neural warheads. Your best bet is transphasic weapons, repulsers, tractor beams, warp plasma, anything to slow them down, sotp them, or push them away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 15
07-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
In terms of DPS, I'd definitely say AoE effects are the way to go. Torp spread with transphasic, scatter shot, gravity well/tykens rift, etc. Heck, even photonic shockwave can buy a few seconds if you knock 'em away from the freighter.
PSW is not for the knockback. Subspace decompiler will up the stun, and Particle Generators will get you damage. The KB is minor.

TBR is what you want for knockback. High Aux with decent Graviton Generators will get you 8 km per pulse, 3 enemies per pulse.

I think zone denial by 1 or 2 dedicated TBR users who are also throwing heals leaves the rest to dps down more manageable groups of NPCs.
Ensign
# 16
07-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Will the bioneural platforms keep spitting out waves of warheads or does the platform need to be destroyed?

Tried going after the platform but those automated defense turrets on the warheads AND platform were killer. Standard turret firing arc but seemingly stronger than PC turrets and with antiproton damage type. Managed to get a platform to 60% after blowing up in its face. 30sec respawn timer Any way to disable those platforms to keep them from tossing out warheads for a bit?
Captain
# 17
07-14-2012, 08:46 PM
What factions have you guys encountered in No Win Scenario? I seem to be running into only Klingons, Orions, Breen, and Romulans. Are there more?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I'M thinking that it could be possible with 2 healer oddys, two repulsor/healers, and one dps? You basically can't die or you are screwed because of that timer.
Lieutenant
# 19
07-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Here's my suggestions

Round 5 - TBR keeping targets as much as possible in X axis, (a bit of Z axis is OK and unavoidable, Y axis means you should not use reuplsors) immediately fire GW after repulse to get the attacking group back into proximity and then TACs + team focus fire. Kill groups this way then move to another. If team scatters and takes up seperate groups themselves you wont get far, Team must focus fire and eliminate attacking groups. Two healers stick by freighter while this is going on and assisting where possible throwing EWP or theta around to slow things down.

Last edited by rajathomas; 07-18-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Ensign
# 20
07-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
I'M thinking that it could be possible with 2 healer oddys, two repulsor/healers, and one dps? You basically can't die or you are screwed because of that timer.
Any enemy faction from what i understand. I have encounter nassician, breen, and fek'lhir.