Career Officer
# 11 Two Words
07-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Profit Margin

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Just to clarify, You only need 1 fleet module if you're buying a fleet ship you already own a C-Store Tier 5 version.

And for now, as the OP stated, there are no fleet ships that would have a Tier 5 C-Store counterpart on the KDF side. So they'll all require 4 fleet modules.
Yeah re-reading the thread today I noticed my Mistake.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 13
07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
Ps. Where Is My Kar'fi Fleet/retro Ship
^^this!^^^

Where's My Fleet Karfi!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Republic Veteran
# 14
07-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Its all about the money...seems like everything they release now is about making money. Hell even the Jem'Hadar episodes were released with intent of capitalising on the sales of the Delta Quadrant Doff pack and DS9 Bridge pack.

Even if all of us in this thread don't spend a dime on the fleet retrofits they still are gonna rake in the dough with people who will.

We aren't going to see many if any updates to the Klingon Empire because of money...thats all that matter.
Captain
# 15
07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
problem also, T1 crusers are trash to Vor'Cha Battle Cruser Retrofit (take a look) my free ship win KILL a T1 and this is brigadier general (free ship) not lieutenant general T1...
is there something wrong with this picture? ok, there was some python, c++ and then wait, there was addition lol :D T1 is offensive and yes would be VERY easy to raise the roof standards on these ships, in fact even a 1 trillion hull ship could come up at a future lvl 150 very easily lol

and PWE / Criptic wrote it, why? :confused:
Career Officer
# 16
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Hang on. So if I'm understanding this right, if I want a fleet retro vor'cha I need to grind the assets for the tier 2 shipyard, spend a crapload of dilithium and STILL have to fork out 20$? PER CHARACTER?
Lieutenant
# 17
07-19-2012, 06:56 AM
All this problem is because Cryptic bypassed most of the T5 Klingon C-Store ships.

They also bypassed the attractive mid-tier C-Store Klingon ships too.

What we are left with is a bunch of very ugly ships that you have to spend 2000 zen unlocking for EACH character.

I wonder why anyone would bother?
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
Hang on. So if I'm understanding this right, if I want a fleet retro vor'cha I need to grind the assets for the tier 2 shipyard, spend a crapload of dilithium and STILL have to fork out 20$? PER CHARACTER?
Yes, I believe that is how it works.

Sad isn't it?
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Career Officer
# 19
07-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Yes, I believe that is how it works.

Sad isn't it?
All I have to say to them is: lolol eat nuts.

That's hilarious beyond belief. That's a worse cash grab than Eve's failed foray into "microtransactions" and borders on insulting. I've felt dumb enough just buying those hideously expensive ships out of the c-store but took comfort that at least they were unlocked for every character on the faction. This is, frankly, borderline insulting to our intelligence.
Captain
# 20
07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
borderline insulting to our intelligence.
can't agree more i am VERY insulted with some of these ships, and not truly the need for fleet ship moduals, that shouldn't be these anyway, more insulted by the lvl36 ships being sold at lvl 50 tire... wtf, waiting for S6 to launch i went to Second Life and thought i'd "roll up" up a bridge lol, since then it is almost a full cruser and free roughly lol, i sould make it launch green and pink cubes all over the place IMing "STO insults intellect" to nearest sensed target lol