Career Officer
As the title says, the bug where the edge of background nebulas would flicker when you are flying through a system seems to have reappeared since Season 6 went live.
Rihannsu
Lieutenant
# 3
07-15-2012, 01:57 AM
ditto - I hadn't noticed the problem in awhile, so I was sorta holding out hope that it had been fixed - now, I'm seeing it again (most reliably in the borg red alert missions)

I'm not entirely confident it had EVER been fixed, although I suppose it's not impossible that the recent update brought it back - but it's more likely that many of us just sorta randomly missed it for a period of time

either way - still needs to be fixed, or re-fixed, as the case may be
Rihannsu
# 4
07-15-2012, 05:42 AM
I agree with Kermit. I don't really think it was ever fixed in the first place.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 5
07-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I agree with Kermit. I don't really think it was ever fixed in the first place.
...wut?

Check the screenshots I've posted here. They show the same location on Tribble and on Holodeck, both before Season 6 launch.

It was fixed. Or at least most of it was. Now it's back to the starting point, even though I posted a bug report while this was still on Tribble, in vain hopes that it would be corrected before Live release. Oh silly me...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Fixed? Hell no. I've never not seen it since I started back in feb!
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Rihannsu
# 7
07-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I've been noticing a similar issue on various maps ever since I first started playing. I don't remember it ever going away. It pops up any time the game can't decide which of two textures to use for something. I've seen it on walls, floors, nebulas, and a few other things.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 03:02 AM
I agree with suaveks, it was (for me at least) fixed prior to Season 6. I hadn't seen that particular problem for ages.

I admit I never noticed it during my time on Tribble. However most of the stuff I was testing was the new missions which are either ground maps or have clear backgrounds.

Once Season 6 went live, pretty much the first system I warped into had a nebula in the background and the issue was there again.

On a happier note, Season 6 does seem to have cured the problem I was having with flickering shadows, especially on my ship's hull.