Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet creation/guild creation
06-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I have extreme difficulty creating a fleet/guild in this game either because you have to have 5 players online in the same map or newly created account have to wait 180 days. This is the first time ever seeing this in my 10 years of online gaming experience. In other game you don't have these limitations. This limitation will make it very difficult for players to make a new fleet/guild especially with accounts that are under 180 days old. This limitation should be reconsidered because new players aren't going to pay to play this game due to the limitations for creating a fleet/guild. Most online gamer's usually buy a game that allows them to make fleet/guild for there friends/family in order to coordinate thing like crafting, and raiding, and grouping, and questing/missions. This game fleet/guild limitations is going to make these types of players reconsider there online gaming entertainment needs in to other online games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Never seen anything about 180 days. Not sure if you're a gold player or a f2p one. if you;re a gold (ie paid) player, you should be able to create a fleet at anytime. If you;re a free player, it;s after 20 hours pf play time or make a cstore purchase, .

Reference: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 12:28 AM
I do not like the 5 player requirement either. In Guild Wars I have multiple guilds and accounts because there are no initial player quotas needed to start a guild and guilds are handy for extra storage for solo players. No such luck with STO.....
Ensign
# 4
07-11-2012, 07:30 PM
so we have just move to this game and more are coming but I am unsure as to how to make a fleet so we can all play together. Do the players all have to be online at the same time because this will be a problem as were from different times zones. ?????
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
The 5-player requirement has bugged me for a long time.
My main joined a fleet shortly after launch, but my friends and I wanted to make a Fleet for just us (friends IRL).
Thing is, it would only be 4 of us, and 2 don't play very often (too busy with work and families).

Tried to ask for help creating a fleet in Zone, but nothing.
Every so often, I'd give it a shot. Never got enough people, even offering EC's.

Just recently, one of my friends and I tried for a while on Fed side, and again, got nobody to help. (despite me helping THREE people form fleets that very day. I almost always help if I am preoccupied)

So, we switch to KDF side. Had 3 people help us, and got it done in less than 20 min.
Just one more reason KDF players are awesome

Even cutting down the requirement to 3 would be so much more helpful.
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~